LegacyGT.com

well i just picked up my touch up paint from my dealer a few days ago to fix some of the paint chips i have ...

well it as a pen applicator and a brush, After 24 hours you are suppose to apply a clear coat ... can someone explain where am i suppose to get a clear coat??

I love my car ... basically.

just be careful not to chuck the bottle into your glove box and forget about it. I made that mistake and one hot day it blew up, spewing "juice" all over the inside of my gb. Let me tell you how fun that was to clean up.

namaste'

Or any auto paint supply store. or PepBoys for that matter. DupliColor sells a bottle of clear just like touch up paint. Just be aware that it is more than just brushing on the color and then the clear. There is also wetsanding and polishing that has to be done.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Or any auto paint supply store. or PepBoys for that matter. DupliColor sells a bottle of clear just like touch up paint. Just be aware that it is more than just brushing on the color and then the clear. There is also wetsanding and polishing that has to be done.

how do you do that?

I love my car ... basically.

practice practice practice. I would get a test panel first. You have to sand down the scratch so there is something for the touch up paint to bond to. Then after your first coat of touch up has dried you need to sand it down again so it is level. Then you polish out the haze from the sand paper and apply the clear. That too needs to be sanded and polished. It all depends on what you want the end result to look like. If you just brush paint along the scratch then it will likely be more noticable than if you would have just left it alone. There is a reason why people get paid to do that sort of thing. It isn't even a service that I offer to very many people.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived