LegacyGT.com

Clay'ed for first time

Wow...I must say I wish I had tried these things earlier. Much easier than using a buffing compund. I will say at first I wasn't too impressed. Then I ran my hand over the surface I had done and compared it to a unfinished fender :icon_surp. Also, it's easy to get the bar into sharp corners wher I'd have trouble getting a cloth. It feels like I'm not removing the finish like when I used buffing compounds.

Big thumbs up for Clay!! Quick question though, the clay bar I got was a Mother's brand package deal with quick detailer, bar, and Carnuba wax. Does anyone have any experience with the Mother's stuff? I'm debating just putting on the Mother's carnuba wax for the time being. Although after seeing Ken's S car I'm thinking of ordering the Wolfgang.

I just clayed yesterday.

I love and use all other wolfgang products (autobathe, pre=sealant, paint sealant), but I was not happy with their clay.

It was really crumbly and hard to work with. Did the job, but I think I remember OC saying that there were better clays.

Okay, thanks for the info on the WG clay. I dropped mine when I was done luckily so I do need to get another.

Well the Mother's clay bar was the first one I've ever used but it seemed to stay together with no problems and took off the stains pretty easily. It was also the only one they had at Autozone which is why I gave it a try :lol:.

I have been detailing for years and tried just about everything. Mothers clay was a bit aggressive for my car that I keep in good condition. If you really need to go thru the paint then Mothers is good.

I have found that I use alot of product from these guys. www.detailking.com Products are good, and you can get in volume if you seem to do your car regularly. I don't shop for price on my products, I use what works and does a good job.

Not thrilled with their waxes but the interior cleaner, car wash and clay is impressive.

-Ben

Mothers has good products been using them for years, especially the rubber protectant, like 303 but IMHO leaves the rubber softer. This is the first car I have ever clayed though. I must say I love the results, and your right it is easier then compond.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

i use a 3M clay...it's blue. I got it years ago from Audi. They had a little postcard sittign at the service counter and you sent it in and got the clay and some quick detailer for free. They were saying use it on the windshield.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived