LegacyGT.com

AWD saved me yesterday

Holy cow!! That definetely sucks... They don't have RE92s in japan, thank god

funny thing is though is that Subaru has these tires imported from japan ... if you look on the tire carefully enough, you will see "made in Japan"

I love my car ... basically.

The RE92s are ok.

A few cases of catastrophic failure as a result of underinflation that could have been caused by a sidewall breach/puncture/normal air seepage is nominal and expected.

They're not run flats you know.

I keed I keeed

What might have happened was, you got a nail or something in the tyre, and it slowly deflated over a period of time (minutes, hours. who knows), and you didn't notice.

As already mentioned, continued driving with little air in the tyre will break the sidewalls. If you kept travelling at a high enough speed, centrifugal force would have kept it partially inflated.

New meaning to run flat tire!

Yes, it's possible you had a puncture and didn't notice then after a while...

This is one reason I like to have a tire management system so I can keep an eye on the pressures while driving.

I had a tire fail like that on my truck at a slightly higher rate of travel.....You did the write thing...by not panicking and just pulling over.....I don’t believe AWD saved you as not panicking did…..But glad everything worked out for the better….

wow, so was the rim still smooth when they balanced the new tires on?

they said there was a small divet in the wheel and that they were experiencing a small amount of "hop" when they balanced it. so far however, i have not felt anything out of the ordinary while driving.

Yeah, I had a similar thing happen on I-84 in my Dodge. As the car is nearing EOS, I went with moderate instead of good tires. That was a mistake. I know the inflation pressure was good, and there were no foreign objects in the tire. It was replaced under warrantee.

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. Keeping your head definitely kept you safe.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Got to work this morning and noticed my rear passenger tire was flat (Toyo Proxes4). The car felt a little squirmish on the way to work, but the mainly it was the sound of the bumps when I changed lanes that told me something was off. Accelerating from a stop sign right before I got to work resulted in a pull to the left which felt like torque steer.

I was really surprised when I saw how flat it was that it didn't drive worse. Filled it up and it'll hold decent pressure for about an hour. Good thing I have tires on order. Looks like I'll commute with the wife until they get in.

A tire monitoring system would be nice. I'm just glad my commute isn't longer, I probably would have run to the same point you did.

that's the same tire failure type that firestone was having with all the Explorers

uhhhh....no.

The Firestone/Explorer tires were delaminating. The tread separated from the carcass of the tire and bunched up in the wheelwell, effectively locking up the corner.

they said there was a small divet in the wheel and that they were experiencing a small amount of "hop" when they balanced it. so far however, i have not felt anything out of the ordinary while driving.

thats because they bolt it up on the RR

when your due for a rotation, you might begin to feel it

i think a few members had this issue, some of them had their wheel shatter

Glad you and your passengers were okay

Archived