LegacyGT.com

Whats a good lease

ant7783

Sounds like you are new to leasing. That's OK. For many people lease is a right thing to do. Best leases usually on cars with high resale value- Lexus, BMW, Honda. Unfortunately Subaru isn't on that list.

Do not be discouraged to much thou; you'll just have to work harder negotiating and shopping for a good deal.

First determine how long you want to go 36 or 48 month. Sometimes you see special for 39 or 42.

How many miles do you need per year 12000 or 15000 ?

How much money do you want to put down? My advice- do not put more than 1000-1500. When negotiating talk about total out of pocket expense- it should include 1st payment and registration fees.

Keep in mind that Subaru leases through CHASE- hence lease termination fee. Unlike let’s say Honda that has its own bank.

I work for Honda that's why just general info. Try NASIOC.COM they have some Subaru salesman there. Check your local newspapers, try to shop around.

Here is my lease $1400 total down, $330 for 36 month 12000 miles per year.

Suba_rus

Doesn't it also vary on the amount of tax that you have to pay (NY > NJ)?

Also they told me that if you put more down than just the taxes license and title then they have to tax you on the money down?

I may end up selling my '05 GT 5 speed and leasing a '06 Auto wagon.

X

---

Go to edmunds and read up on everything when it comes to leasing...do not go in with what you want a payment to be. You need to negotiate it as if you were buying it.

Read it...then reread it again taking notes so you figure out how they figure the math. Be as smart as their sales manager when you walk in and be prepared to walk out...in fact plan on it you don't 'need' to buy the car that day. I have one dealership still calling me wanting me to come back in. They need the sale particuarly on a Legacy more than you need the car.

Not only negotiate the sale price you need to require them to tell you the residual value that's what the car will be worth when you turn it in...that decides your payment as much as what your paying for it. As well as what the lease intrest rate is.

I found it to be a better deal to buy in the end after doing all of the math...

Subaru had a deal on the Impreza last month and the B9 this month here they have killer lease deals when they have them. I haven't seen a LGT one in quite some time.

Good luck

Archived