LegacyGT.com

Has KTR gone crazy?

When i first got my LGT I popped on over to KTR to figure out what the tuning situation was for Subarus. They told me that to do the ECU, it would be a pain the a$$, and i would also need to install a full catback exhaust, am I wrong, but isn't the accessport something you can do in your driveway in 10 minutes? and you definitely don't need to upgrade your exhaust, right? BTW, i have the 5EAT.

-Dr. Pepper-

almost correct, takes more like 20 minutes in the driveway, assuming it's level.

If it's at an angle, the electrons can flow from the AP a little faster? I always put mine up on the roof and let gravity do it's job.

KTR does not tune Cobb AP. Also, if you want to get enough power to make it worth the price you would need to get a Turbo Back Exhaust so that you could be Stage 2. Cobb AP Stage 1 on the 2.5L is pretty useless as compared to the big improvement on the 2.0L (WRX).

Search about TDC Tuning in Concord, NH. Jon is a big poster on these boards and he specializes in Cobb AP Pro Tuning. If you want a custom tune that is more aggresive go to him. If you just want a safe and fun tune then order a Cobb AP and flash to Stage 1 (or get a TBE and go Stage 2).

i actually am kind of confused by this whole TDC protune thing for the AP, I definitely want to get it, but does it involve mapping and stuff, or is it still "plug and play" like a regular AP, in other words, will it be more than a one time thing to get it properly installed and making my car go faster?

You can go online and order an accessport.

AP: comes with Stage 1, Stage 2, and some other maps like economy, valet, etc. With these maps you spend 20min installing them on your car. These maps require you to follow there recipe for what parts you have. They are safe, fun, but moderate.

AP TDC: Jon has made just like Cobb a number of maps that are based off the standard Stage 1, and Stage 2 maps but they are more aggresive and have a better response. These can be sent via Email and again take 10min to load from the AP to your car and you have to follow the recipe.

AP Pro Tune: A pro tune allows Jon to dyno tune your car and whatever parts you have installed to make the car as powerful and reliable as possible. These take about 2 hours to make and cost $300. The map that he makes during the custom tune is then loaded onto your AP and installed just like the rest.

CN: AP - Standard map for everyone. AP-TDC: Upgrade to the Standard Map. AP-Pro Tune: Custom tune, more aggresive.

cash isn't a problem, I just don't want stage 2 right now, it's fast enough as it is, i just want to reduce turbo lag as much as possible, so i'm going with TDC tuned AP and perrin or HKS uppipe

Archived