LegacyGT.com

Spec B Depreciation ???

eldiablo

While snooping around at a trade show for fleet managers last week (my wife was an actual attendee), I came across 2 publications commonly used by fleet managers to gauge vehicle depreciation to help determine when to sell / trade vehicles for maximum ROI.

Both publications demonstrate that after 24 months of ownership, a 2006 Spec B will only be worth $400 more than a a non-limited LGT in spite of the Spec B's higher sticker price.

Gadzooks! Could this be accurate?!?

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

The more it cost, the more you lost, lol All i can tell you (40yr of car buying) is all cars unless they are a high end limited model ferrari, hemi cuda, real cobra, ect. are going to drop, ALL dealers are only going to give you wholesale for your car. Think about it they can buy cars like yours or mine all day long. Punch up "Kelly Blue Book" thats pretty much what you'll get. Forget sticker cost your car is already wholesaled the second you sign the papers. Buy a 2005 leftover the bank looks at it as a two year old car. If you modifiy your car even worse now you limited your market and have to find that one person who likes/wants what you did. Sorry, but to anwser your question. Yup, thats not to far off. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

I think it’s likely. I’m a car nut and have owned many performance cars over the years. I currently own the Legacy limited GT but I was also looking at the spec B before I bought. I’m not trying to start a flame here and I do like the Spec B BUT in my opinion the spec b version did not offer nearly enough to justify the “special-ness” the marketing hype was trying to create. Some suspension changes, and special colors is not a particularly impressive package for a limited edition car. As a result, I don’t think they are likely to do that well in resale. This is especially true when they release a much better car as the 2007 Spec B in their new model lineup.

Archived