LegacyGT.com

Letting out exhuast gas? (electric exhaust cutout)

SpawnGT

So im goint to get the downpipe and uppipe installed on the 28th, and in a few days im gettting the electric exhaust cutout welded onto to my midpipe.

Would there be any negative affects of adding the electrical exhaust cutout before the cat in the midpipe? Is there a negative effect of letting olut exhaust too early or too much or too fast? In addition to that does anyone think its better to add it before or after the cat?

my assumption was that it was intended to be let out before the cats, seeing as how the cat's are the main restriction you're trying to bypass with the cutout...

no negative side effects that i'm aware of, just a very free flowing exhaust. Are you still stock running the stock exhaust minus the downpipe?

if i understood your question right....yea im going to have everything stock after the midpipe...it'll be hush enough for my parents to be happy, and when needed loud enough for the car clubs

what about exhaust fumes going into your car that could kill you? would this be like a big exhaust leak??? I could be picturing the wrong thing....

You are right! Especially if he's just idling or stuck in rush hour traffic; CO seeping into the cabin could be a problem. An additional exhaust pipe would be the best bet.

In fact, I am designing a similar system for my car using an electric cutout to bypass the much quieter cat/resonator and muffler.

In my WRX, I installed the electric cutout inline and drilled out the flap to allow for some exhaust to flow even when the valve was fully closed. This was very restrictive and really hurt performance, but it quieted the sound down by 15db and allowed me to sound almost legal 110>96 when the cops were nearby, or I was sneaking home late at night :icon_tong .

The LGT system will run a quiet system out the left tailpipe and the unrestricted system out the right tailpipe...both 3" dia. tubing.

Archived