LegacyGT.com

Where is a good spring install place?

Dodger

So, I've read the spring install walk-through, but I decided to pay and have the install / alignment professionally done.

For sh*ts and giggles, I called a local dealer and they quoted $580 for the install and alignment. Now I'm pretty sure there are other places that will do a good job and not charge soo much.

I've looked around and saw some good things said about Roger Kraus Racing and Auto Innovations. I'm in the Sacramento area and would rather do this around here. But I'd be willing to goto the Bay area for a good installer that's familiar with the Legacy. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks for the replies.

It doesn't look like LIC is open on weekends, which makes its harder for me to get there. Auto Innovations seems promising since they also do alignments. Any ideas how long this install takes?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the Sacramento area. Thanks for the Custom Alignment referral; appearently only the bay area has good suspension people.

General question here: I always thought alignment is a one-time adjustment. Meaning that once the alignment is done, its good for a period of time. I wouldn't have to go back to adjust the alignment the following day(s), right? I've never had to before, and I'm assuming its also the case with the legacy.

Still waiting on the pinks. Hopefully I can get them on in the next 2 weeks.

I always thought alignment is a one-time adjustment. Meaning that once the alignment is done, its good for a period of time. I wouldn't have to go back to adjust the alignment the following day(s), right?

That is correct. However, sometimes springs can settle (lower) a bit post-installation, which is why I usually wait a week or two before getting an alignment.

-Mike-

Creo, thanks for the tip. Makes sense; I should of thought about it more.

Aside: When you receive the springs, does it come with the rubber/foam wrapping to reduce the clunking sound? Or does the installer put that on for you?

Aside: When you receive the springs, does it come with the rubber/foam wrapping to reduce the clunking sound? Or does the installer put that on for you?

Some companies do, and some don't. The Espelir ASDs on my old STi didn't, while the Prodrive-manufactured ones did (on the front at least). I had the Espelirs first and they "clunked" all the time. I removed the coil insulators from the stock springs, and just put them roughly in the same position on the Espelirs and the Prodrive rears. The noise went away, but the ASDs weren't very good, so I ended up switching to the Prodrives.

-Mike-

We use all three shops for installation and alignment and highly recommend anyone of them.

Custom Alignment

Auto Innovations - Ask for Steve.

LIC Motorsports

The spring quieter is dependant on the spring manufacturer. We know that many companies do include it like Swift and STi.

The one time adjustment will also depend on each spring manufacturer. Some will take time to settle and some will not need this time.

Regards,

Gary

Archived