LegacyGT.com

Just bought my 1st Sube H6 HELP no power

subeh6

I have been reading a lot of stuff on this forum very good info. So I'll give all you sube guys a problem I have and hope for the best.

Just bought a 2001 LL bean with the H6, when I test rode the car felt fine. But I notice (the more I drove it) there is no power below 3000 RPM, the motor sounds quiet idles perfect and revs fine. when you accelerate in drive the motor seams to have extream turbo lag (for a non turbo) as it climbs over 3000RPM the power starts to come on and by 33-3400RPM it just takes off. Almost feels like a Turbo (that word again) just kicks in.

I've read in these forums on knock sensors and wires etc... but if the knock sensor was an issue then hitting the peddal at over 3500RPM should have same effect but it dosen't. As for wires just came to work in a heavy rain storm and runs the same dry or wet.

I am a former mechanic and avid high end stereo guy looking forward to getting and giving input to stereo mods, and other general mechanical issues. Cant wait to get all my stereo gear installed hope the electrical system will handle it. I have set of reworked Butler tube amps 2000w each using a Butler tube XLR preamp line level converter, use 10" diamond subs 6.5" Diamond speakers and a set of 5.5' Boston pros. it will take me a week just to sound proof the doors alone.

since I just bought the car (auction), I was told if it was owned previously by the proverbial "little old lady", The ECU will create shifting power pattens to the specific driver so I disconected the ecu, draw any remaining power down, restart and drive. let you know if it works.

On another post- told to disconect ECU drain any residual power, open door step on brakes etc... And power back up, and drive.

The ECU taylors driving paterns, among other things to maximixe your performance, power etc... If you drive like an old lady the car will not downshift as quickly willl also upshift quicker etc...

Eventually the ECU would have started to adjust to my driveing habits, by powering down the ECU you clean memory and will adjust quicker .

Thanks

Archived