LegacyGT.com

security

llmask

i dont know if this is the appropriate place to ask this q, but, the security upgrade system in this page, [url]http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=432[/url] - will it work on the 2005 GT? if so, is it worth it? and, does anyone has a step by step install instruction? thanks.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Common consensus seems to be that just buying the unit isn't enough- it has to be taken to Subaru and programmed. Apparently, more than a few dealers are currently a bit too inept to program it right.

[quote name='llmask']i dont know if this is the appropriate place to ask this q, but, the security upgrade system in this page, [url]http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=432[/url] - will it work on the 2005 GT? if so, is it worth it? and, does anyone has a step by step install instruction? thanks.[/quote] No it won't work - 04 won't work on 05. Besides, the 05 one is cheaper. Install - plug in wire from under passenger seat, bolt onto bracket under seat, done. Good luck getting it programmed.

Set mine off one day when I had the hood open then closed it. I popped the hood, got out of the car, locked the doors, checked the power steering fluid, then closed the hood, setting off the alarm. My neighbors were looking at me a little funny. Whoops! :D

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5']If the alarm doesn't work I have a 12ft burmese python that can camp out in your car while your at the grocery store...:)[/quote] Pics?[/quote] I lost track of this thread...whoops.[/quote] I'm Burmese (yes, it's a nationality), if anyone cared. Fear me! :D
-ben

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5']If the alarm doesn't work I have a 12ft burmese python that can camp out in your car while your at the grocery store...:)[/quote] Pics?[/quote] I lost track of this thread...whoops.[/quote] Awesome! Free Burma?

Sounds like the install/upgrade is super easy. However, what is there to get "programmed"? Is it the sensitivity level, reset time, or what? When I've installed these Subaru OEM alarm systems in the past, it was straight-forward, included directions were perfect and you just use the key fob to set it and forget it. I'm really curious what has changed. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic']Sounds like the install/upgrade is super easy. However, what is there to get "programmed"? Is it the sensitivity level, reset time, or what? SBT[/quote] Sure is.....just throw mitch in the back seat and your good. No wiring, no pulling anything apart, the sensitivity level is already set so your golden. He does not however respond to key fobs very well. :lol:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='Subietonic']Sounds like the install/upgrade is super easy. However, what is there to get "programmed"? Is it the sensitivity level, reset time, or what? SBT[/quote] Sure is.....just throw mitch in the back seat and your good. No wiring, no pulling anything apart, the sensitivity level is already set so your golden. He does not however respond to key fobs very well. :lol:[/quote] LOL - that is just too funny. Does he get out when you tell him to, or he pretty possessive of back seats?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='Subietonic']Sounds like the install/upgrade is super easy. However, what is there to get "programmed"? Is it the sensitivity level, reset time, or what? SBT[/quote] Sure is.....just throw mitch in the back seat and your good. No wiring, no pulling anything apart, the sensitivity level is already set so your golden. He does not however respond to key fobs very well. :lol:[/quote] LOL - that is just too funny. Does he get out when you tell him to, or he pretty possessive of back seats?[/quote] Oh the back seats are his......no doubt. He likes car rides though.....loves goin to the vet. Although he scares the poop out of some that pull up to the side of us at a red light. There's your deterent, you'll be known all around town at the nutjob with a python in the car. As far as getting him out....well a hook works. But if he latches on to something you might be there awhile.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived