LegacyGT.com

My -06 OB dead this morning

Tried to open the car, but no reaction. Opened with the key 'old-school' and tried to start the car, but no reaction. I'm sure all doors were closed when i left it yesterday, how could the battery die so quick?

I'll try to recharge the battery today and see if everything's okay.

Maby i pushed that button without knowing it... anyway the battery should handle 24hours parkinglight?

I have a 12v 6A charger i will use after work today and see what happens.

map lights killed mine in less than 48 hours, but I've left them on overnight and it has started fine. If they just would have wired the map lights to the door switch....My Jeep TJ has better lighting for the front seat. Might consider doing the mod on this site to do that.

now i know what it was.

The small roof-light in the back center (just close to the rear hatch). I must have bumped my head in the switch while taking out some stuff. It totally drained the battery, but a 2,5 hour re-charge restored everything. The cd-player ejects the disc just before the battery dies, maby a useful feature :)

I think the OEM batteries are the minimum necessary to get the car started in cold weather. They don't have much reserve capacity.

I've left the parking light on overnight and have not had a problem in my '98 Outback with relatively new Costco battery.

I've also left all the dome lights on my Odyssey on overnight.

Stock battery is pretty crappy in the reserve department....

I always have the radio on when i'm working on the car and I also have a digital voltmeter that gives an alarm at 11.5 volts.....which should be plenty to start a car.

well, our battery can't even crank at 11.8 volts

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

My crappy OEM battery has PANASONIC printed all over. Same as the US built OB? But as i think about it, the light might have been on for 48 hours... still a very small lightbulb in that roof-light...

now i know what it was.

The small roof-light in the back center (just close to the rear hatch). I must have bumped my head in the switch while taking out some stuff. It totally drained the battery, but a 2,5 hour re-charge restored everything. The cd-player ejects the disc just before the battery dies, maby a useful feature :)

I did that too once, but my car survived the night to start the next morning. guess I am lucky.

Go Cardinals!

Archived