LegacyGT.com

? about power stering fluid...

Idk if its just my car but, i was at my friends job( gas station) just stoppin by to say whats up. And i decided to check my fluides...i found that the collent was low and the power steering was also, the manual said any coolent was fine so my buddie gave me some. But it said that i shouldnt mix the power steering so i left it on low and posted here. Anyone else know about this, i think it said put dexron III in it..If so where can i find that?

My spec B also mysteriously used up its power steering fluid and coolant, perhaps it is a common problem?

Over what period of time/mileage? I've had zero probs so far, but I like to be aware of potential problems.

In about the first 450 miles after I bought it, over two months, the steering fluid used itself up a bit. However this could just be the engine getting broken in. I simply find it odd that the same fluid levels would be low on multiple cars. There was not a huge problem or breakdown, I was just surprised that the fluids would run low that fast. I dont think it was very well filled when I bought the car though, so it might not have had much PS fluid to begin with.

Archived