LegacyGT.com

Unused wiring behind headunit?

IanKen

Today I spent the afternoon re-finishing the cubby din fascia for my EMPEG docking sled, something I wouldn't need to do if the dealer hadn't messed it all up when they pulld the dash to fix The Notorious Dash Rattle.

Anyway.

During the re-install of the factory head unit I noticed there was a cable that wasn't connected to anything and I could not see where it would go. It was not the trip computer or cubby light cable nor was it any of the cables that feed the head unit.

I wish I had taken a picture but I'll try to describe it here.

With the factory head unit/climate control removed you can see two vertical steel pillars at the back of and on either side of cavity where the head unit resides. These pillars rise up and meet the heavy steel cross-beam that runs across the dash behind the cubby. On the right hand pillar, just below where it meets the cross beam there is a cable anchored to it. From the anchor point to the end of the cable is about 10 inches, just handing there and terminates in a white female connecter with about four or five pins. From the anchor point on the pillar the cable runs back and disappears behind the dash.

On previous stereo tweak expiditions I had not noticed this cable. I suspect the dealer forgot to hook something up when they put the dash back in, but I canoot tell what it might be. Everything seems to work.

-Ian

Archived