LegacyGT.com

GT/OB wheels

3.7L H6

What are the differences in dimensions from the GT wheels and the OBXT wheels? Could you swap their tires, (like put the OB tires on GT wheels, mounted back on your OB) and see similar performance? Bear with the resident noob.

Guest *Jedimaster*
The OB wheels are 8 inches wide, if memory serves. The tires are 17 inch for both vehicles, but the OB has 225/55/17, where the Lagacy has 215/45/17. The OB tires are thus taller. I wanted to use my 225/45/17 tires form my WRX but through this board found that the speedometer would be off.

How wide are the Leggy wheels? So, if they're the same, you could put your factory OB tires on a set of GT wheels, put them on your OB and you wouldn't feel a difference 'cept looks? Oh I found a funny avatar for you jedi... [url]http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1904/stormtrooper3.gif[/url]

[quote name='3.7L H6']How wide are the Leggy wheels? So, if they're the same, you could put your factory OB tires on a set of GT wheels, put them on your OB and you wouldn't feel a difference 'cept looks? Oh I found a funny avatar for you jedi... [url]http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1904/stormtrooper3.gif[/url][/quote] 17x7 for both. I guess that would be feasable, but why?

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='3.7L H6']How wide are the Leggy wheels? So, if they're the same, you could put your factory OB tires on a set of GT wheels, put them on your OB and you wouldn't feel a difference 'cept looks? Oh I found a funny avatar for you jedi... [url]http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1904/stormtrooper3.gif[/url][/quote] The tires would mess up the speedo. Thanks for teh av!

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='3.7L H6']How wide are the Leggy wheels? So, if they're the same, you could put your factory OB tires on a set of GT wheels, put them on your OB and you wouldn't feel a difference 'cept looks? Oh I found a funny avatar for you jedi... [url]http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1904/stormtrooper3.gif[/url][/quote] The tires would mess up the speedo. Thanks for teh av![/quote] Not if they're stock OB size.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Maybe I'm confused: If your Legacy uses 215/45/17 and you put on OB size 225/55/17, you'd have a speedo reading too fast, right?

[quote name='jedimaster']Maybe I'm confused: If your Legacy uses 215/45/17 and you put on OB size 225/55/17, you'd have a speedo reading too fast, right?[/quote] No it'd be the same because the wheels are of equal size. GT Wheel with OB tires = OB wheel with OB tires GT Wheel with GT tires = OB wheel with GT tires. These would make your speedo read too fast.

Please use the Tire size calculator to calculate the differnce on speedometer [url]http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html[/url] If you use 225/55/17 on OB for your Legacy Speedo will off for 8% which is too much But use 225/45/17 is just 1%, why not get a wider tires :P

I don't see why people need a calculator for that, just look at the tire size on TireRack.com, and some of the others, they give tire dia, rotations per mile, etc. That's more accurate as every tire is a bit different. Go with the rotations per mile or keep the OB close, within about a quarter inch if possible.

[quote name='chibisak']Please use the Tire size calculator to calculate the differnce on speedometer [url]http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html[/url] If you use 225/55/17 on OB for your Legacy Speedo will off for 8% which is too much But use 225/45/17 is just 1%, why not get a wider tires :P[/quote] But we aren't even talking about that? :?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='chibisak']Well SUB555 said is true, but lazy ppl just want something handy... before dig into to details[/quote] Um, maybe you should have read the thread before posting. :P[/quote] well i dun like try to flame each other in forum, i just try to reply jedimaster mention about the speedo off thread.

[quote name='chibisak'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='chibisak']Well SUB555 said is true, but lazy ppl just want something handy... before dig into to details[/quote] Um, maybe you should have read the thread before posting. :P[/quote] well i dun like try to flame each other in forum, i just try to reply jedimaster mention about the speedo off thread.[/quote] :? Grap on your speeling grammer?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='chibisak'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='chibisak']Well SUB555 said is true, but lazy ppl just want something handy... before dig into to details[/quote] Um, maybe you should have read the thread before posting. :P[/quote] well i dun like try to flame each other in forum, i just try to reply jedimaster mention about the speedo off thread.[/quote] :? Grap on your speeling grammer?[/quote] like what u type

[quote name='chibisak'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='chibisak'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='chibisak']Well SUB555 said is true, but lazy ppl just want something handy... before dig into to details[/quote] Um, maybe you should have read the thread before posting. :P[/quote] well i dun like try to flame each other in forum, i just try to reply jedimaster mention about the speedo off thread.[/quote] :? Grap on your speeling grammer?[/quote] like what u type[/quote] i dun like flame forum! i reply jedimaster mention about the speedo off thread!

Archived