LegacyGT.com

things that you expect legacy to have...

i got an email from need desire week ago or so and it said it's faster than Z and boxter and other cars 8) (at least 0-60)

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

the thing(s) i wish the (US) Legacy had? smaller bumpers... [img]http://members.shaw.ca/bloodtypeb4/specB.JPG[/img] [img]http://members.shaw.ca/bloodtypeb4/LegJpnJpg.JPG[/img] [img]http://members.shaw.ca/bloodtypeb4/USlegJpg82aa.JPG[/img] it went from A4/A6, 3/5 series looks... to camry/accord...imho at least, it should still be a good "drivers car".

Yeah, that comment was not accurate.. but dude, it's like your on some sort of mission to prove to the world that Subaru has wronged you. Notice that I say "appears", in which case I was not sure. You have already littered NASIOC with talk about how we are getting a bastardized Legacy. You have gone far enough to bring in statistics about the quality ratings of Subaru (which has nothing to do with any topic whatsoever). It seems as though you are want everyone to boycott the car because you don't like the styling anymore. Why did I buy my WRX? It wasn't because of the looks (but they did grow on me), it's because the car was a blast to drive and was practical in a climate such as mine (snow). I agree with what others have said, you did an excellent job getting us all that information about the JDM Legacy, I applaude your efforts. Either accept the fact that you are not going to get the smaller bumpers, or go find another car to buy. It is turning into whining. Maybe you shouldn't have put yourself in the position to get disappointed. BFD about me eating my words. What will be funny is that you have spent all this time bashing and you will still end up giving your money to Subaru.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']dude, it's like your on some sort of mission to prove to the world that Subaru has wronged you. Notice that I say "appears", in which case I was not sure. You have already littered NASIOC with talk about how we are getting a bastardized Legacy. You have gone far enough to bring in statistics about the quality ratings of Subaru (which has nothing to do with any topic whatsoever). It seems as though you are want everyone to boycott the car because you don't like the styling anymore. Why did I buy my WRX? It wasn't because of the looks (but they did grow on me), it's because the car was a blast to drive and was practical in a climate such as mine (snow). I agree with what others have said, you did an excellent job getting us all that information about the JDM Legacy, I applaude your efforts. Either accept the fact that you are not going to get the smaller bumpers, or go find another car to buy. It is turning into whining. Maybe you shouldn't have put yourself in the position to get disappointed.[/quote] Amen, Dr. Zevil. When you see the profile shots, I actually prefer the USDM look, as the elongated bumper gives the front of a car a more pointed, aero look. But part of why I came here is the incessant bickering/squabbling about the new Legacy at NASIOC, and what it does or doesn't have. This looks to be a much nicer space (like the Legacy forum at NASIOC), and it would be really cool if it could stay that way. There is so much to be enthusiastic about, when you look at what the car does have, from the excellent seats and 17" wheels, to the engine immobilizer/fuel cutoff built into the keyless entry, to the six-CD changer standard, etc, etc. The wagon gets the boss two-stage moonroof (wagonwagonwagon!), and the wheels are fabulous. We also get the much-lauded steering ratio of the JDM car, but our motor will be punchier from down low, with what should be a nice, flat torque curve. Then are those those lurvly dual exhausts, that nestle up into a very Eurostyle bumper valence. The car should sound really nice, too. They've stiffened the transmission case on the 5-speed, and a new SportShift autobox actually holds a gear, and can be shifted from the steering wheel. There is just SO much to like about this car, from the excellent interior which finally boasts materials and style capable of competing with the rest of the world, to the big ol' brakes (12.3" rotors up front, and 11.3" rotors out back) and aluminum suspension bits that help lighten the car and enhance the excellence of its driving package. This is the first Legacy with not only class and style, but performance to back up its great looks, which explains why I am always so overwhelmingly positive about the '05 Legacy, and will get one. In a way, I suppose it points to the excellence of the car that bumpers or non-LED backup lights are the only quibbles that people can raise about it. :D I am a die-hard Legacy enthusiast, without question. I was one of the first guys to do extensive suspension and exhaust fiddling with a '98 GT wagon, and I actually felt guilty buying a WRX wagon, as opposed to another Legacy. :D But for me, the problem isn't negativity about the new car. The problem is the bickering and flaming attendant to said negativity, that seems to be unavoidable. And it would be really cool if that kind of stuff didn't happen here. Kevin

I agree and I don't think that you are blaming me for any negativity or flaming because of negativity. I was going to put in my above post that the reason that I am starting to post more here about the GT is because it is a forum that is/was void of those kinds of negative comments. I had moment of weakness. Anyway, I am not mad at username. As a matter of fact he was the one that got all sorts of information about the new legacy for all of us to drool over. I just wish that people would let it die now. We have NEVER gotten anything exactly the same as Japan so why would this start now? I am sick of the complaining. Everytime I come back to check threads for new info there is just new comments about what's WRONG with the car. I am very happy that this car is here and that it will usher in a new era of value sport sedans. If people don't like the car, that's fine. I will do my best to keep my posts informative and non-flame-related. Oh, and do you think it will be a waste to get the auto? I was still on the fence about what tranny to get. What do you think??

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I agree and I don't think that you are blaming me for any negativity or flaming because of negativity. I was going to put in my above post that the reason that I am starting to post more here about the GT is because it is a forum that is/was void of those kinds of negative comments. I had moment of weakness. Oh, and do you think it will be a waste to get the auto? I was still on the fence about what tranny to get. What do you think??[/quote] Not at all, Dr. Z...your instincts are correct. I don't think that anyone is bent out of shape at Username. His efforts at getting information and pictures to us all were positively Herculean, and much appreciated. I, too, want to keep it positive here, but don't know how much luck we're going to have, now that the "b-word" has its own thread here... I'm getting a manual, but from what Paul Hansen (NASIOC poster and man in the know, under the screen name Shirokuma), the automatic is a fine transmission, particularly for the steering wheel-mounted shifters. I was actually thinking about how nice a SportShift-equipped, moonroofed, perforated leather GT wagon in black would be... :D Then I came to my senses, and the silver, manual transmissioned, cloth GT wagon returned to my dreams. :D Kevin

Yeah, I hear that. I was thinking the same thing.. limited auto. That would be fun as hell, but then again it is probably gonna cost more than I would like it to! I will probably go with the cloth as well with the 5 speed. I sure hope we can get the 5 speed and cloth with a moonroof option. I told myself that I wouldn't get the car unless I got a moonroof. So I think I might have to get an auto anyway.

HANDS DOWN!!! U.S. spec front bumper is a 1000 times better design...look at the U.S. spec lower center front bumper wrap cut-out area and how it is "united" in design to the upper front grill cut-out area...they compliment each other from a design stand point (the JDM front bumper has a long horizontally positioned "smiley face mouth" center cut-out that does not at all tie into any thing north of the front bumper piece itself). The second "positive" for the U.S. spec front bumper is the more sophisticated positioning and istallation of the front fog lamps (we get a multipiece fog lamp install with a very good looking "surround" section, that fits the bumper around the actual lamp itself...looks very good!). The JDM front bumper fog lamp install looks very much like the fog lamp placement from all these cheap body kit vendors you see in all the tuner mag's...YUCK! :roll: I will gladly take the U.S. spec bumpers...HANDS DOWN!

About the bumper, please send any comments to the aforementioned bumper thread positive or negative. If there is to be ranting back and forth, at least isolate it so that the rest of the threads can go along in peace. K? Kevin, how about a compromise? Silver manual GT with aftermarket leather. That way you don't get the weight of electric seats and moonroof. If I had a wagon, I'd be awefully tempted to get that cool moonroof. I almost think it would be a shame to get a wagon without it.

Does anyone have any information on the sportshift? I understand logically what it is, but is it REALLY like having the control of a manual when you want it (ALL the control of a manual when you want it) and the simplicity of an automatic when you don't? -- I'm sure that ISN'T the case so what are the tradeoffs? What do I lose if I choose the SportShift? Having steering wheel mounted paddle shifters sounds like the coolest thing ever, but if it sucks ... I have no experience with a system like this. -Allen

Allen, they won't be razor sharp or instant shifts like semi-manual like BMW, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc. From what I've read, it seems most like Porsche's Tiptronic. It doesn't have steering wheel paddles. It has buttons on the horizontal spokes of the steering wheel for shift up/down. There will be a bit of a lag for the shift to actually occur. I have driven this type transmission in Honda and Infiniti, and I can't stand it. I think that Prodrive's development of the transmission should make it more responsive closer to Porsche's system. Also as a loss is what I think may be a lower hp/torque limit. In Japan, their automatic is rated at 260PS instead of 280PS for the manual. It is only my speculation that it may have lower limits, so that would be a problem if you want to mod your car. Sportshift w/ the 3.0H6 would be nice, but for the turbo, can't go wrong with the manual.

[quote name='PPower']Kevin, how about a compromise? Silver manual GT with aftermarket leather. That way you don't get the weight of electric seats and moonroof. If I had a wagon, I'd be awefully tempted to get that cool moonroof. I almost think it would be a shame to get a wagon without it.[/quote] Agreed. That moonroof is slicker than snake snot. Something else the wagon folks get that the sedan folks don't. Oh yeah, and our seats fold down (neener, neener!). :D Kevin

Any idea if the wagon rear seats recline, or was that feature specific to the one touch folding mechanism? If rear seats recline a bit like in the G35 premium package, that may do me in. That is the absolute best feature.

[quote name='"PPower"']Any idea if the wagon rear seats recline, or was that feature specific to the one touch folding mechanism? If rear seats recline a bit like in the G35 premium package, that may do me in. That is the absolute best feature.[/quote] Dunno. I imagine not, though. Then again, you never know with Subaru. I'm sure they were looking at features from other cars in designing all the features of the Legacy. Kevin

DUDE! Somebody fix Kevin's quote button already! :lol: It doesn't seem like that should be something that should be dependent on the fold down feature because it's not electric. It makes sense that it would be easier to do this feature in the wagon than the sedan. I'm adding this onto what I EXPECT. Come on Subaru! Give us the goods!

I really like the looks of the '05 Legacy. No need to have them grow on me, unlike the WRX. This redesign is spot on! I could care less about what the bumper looks like. You all have to realize, 99% of people who purchase a Legacy never modify a single thing on the car. I'm going to get the GT wagon. The only thing I might change would be the exhaust....maybe. I have an RS, and drive it like a grandma, so there was never a point for me to mod the car beyond the exhaust and sway bars. Anyways...go S U B A R U! Skylabâ„¢

Archived