LegacyGT.com

What do you think of Subaru Warranty Service?

What is your overall opinion of your Subaru dealer's warranty service?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall opinion of your Subaru dealer's warranty service?

• Great service!
    • Good service.
    • So-so service.
    • Poor service.
    • Rotten service!

[quote name='BookemDano']What is your overall opinion of Subaru warranty service? Is your dealier providing the service level you expect? Any great experiences? Very poor experiences? Regards, Dan.[/quote] Hopefully it is better than having to go back and forth 4 times to complete the purchase, but I doubt it. As much as I love the car, I have this gut feeling that this ownership experience is going to be a royal pain in the ass. - Mike

It is, IMHO, all about getting to know the whole team, from the service manager on down to the tech that works on your vehicle. As much as I love to work on my cars, I don't have the time to devote to them like I want. So, I make a point to get them regularly serviced at only one of three local dealerships. I got to know the first tech but suspected he was flaked out when several things were wrong upon pickup, e.g., no oil on the dipstick after the oil was changed - required three quarts to bring it up to normal levels, left the hose clamp loose after draining/flushing the coolant - blew off on the freeway and had to be towed back. From that point on the service manager started calling to check and make sure everything was okay and they finally let the tech go because things weren't working out. Since then the work has been perfect and I give them credit for fixing their internal problems. It doesn't hurt that they maintain all five of the Subes. WRT warranty work itself, this dealership has always done the right thing by me. Even going the extra mile when the headgaskets blew on my 98 and getting SOA to pick up the parts and then discounting their labor charge. They've replaced to transmissions, 1 MT one Auto, replaced the clutch/pp/tob/clutch master and slave due to judder problems and generally overall, taken very good care of my cars. The service writer always calls when my wife or daughters take the cars in, just to make sure that he's got down what needs to be done. Overall all a very positive experience. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

It's Bob Baker in El Cajon. They've had my business for the past four years and will continue to get it when I get my new LGTL Wagon. Mike is the Subaru tech that services my car, just mention the guy with all the Subes. And I always use Robert Jervis as my service writer. He knows all the cars too. Dave Leiter is the service manager and is a likeable/fair-minded individual. A good team. Robert is your key POC. Tell him I sent you. Rancho has yet to prove itself, and they assumed a less than stellar reputation when the franchise changed over from Balboa Subaru (a dealership/service department that I would drive all the way to Carlsbad and back to avoid) BTW - Are you in the San Diego area? What car are you getting? Want to get together and show it off? SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived