LegacyGT.com

boost guage hardware missing????

niskyne

First off...sorry about the 2 threads in a row. I just found out about this problem. after I posted the other one.

I just got my new megan racing boost guage in the mail today from ebay. I took it out to look at it today a few minutes ago, and I'm pretty sure it's missing some hardware.

There is nothing that can fit onto the nylon pressure hose to make an air tight seal. On the instructions, there is a "compression sleeve" (i circled them) pictured that fits in between the adaptor on the guage and the vacuum nipple to make an airtight seal when the compression nut is tight. So I'm pretty sure I am missing these "compression sleeves" that fit onto the nylon pressure hose.

Can I get these at an autoparts store? Or do I need to contact the person I bought the guage from to get these items (the person is really slow at contacting)? Or does anyone have any extras laying around that I can buy?

Also, what do the compression sleeves do?

Thanks everyone.

Just go to an auto parts store and pick up some vac hose and small hose clamps. Run vac hose all the way from your boost source to the gauge... clamping on each end. Use the barbed fitting at the boost gauge. Its about $.50 / foot for the hose.... take the fittings in so they get you the right size.

So they don't sell universal compression sleeves at any autoparts store? I would rather run the vauum hose to the fender grommet, and then from there reduce it to the nylon vacuum line supplied with the guage.

Archived