LegacyGT.com

Front Midship BOXER....WHY NOT??

I'm not fully questioning your reasons and explanations, more the original posters. What's their desired reason. But you also did mentioned they did not take full advantage of the components at hand, I wouldn't necessarily make that a reason for re-engineering the entire drivetrain all over again, just a serious question at the overall tuning of the current platform.

[quote name='SUBE555']I'm not fully questioning your reasons and explanations, more the original posters. What's their desired reason. But you also did mentioned they did not take full advantage of the components at hand, I wouldn't necessarily make that a reason for re-engineering the entire drivetrain all over again, just a serious question at the overall tuning of the current platform.[/quote] Sube...thats where I come back in. I started this ponder to see if it would be possible, and or feasible for Subaru to incorporate this into their design. But, by the points made here in this thread it may be more trouble than it is worth. The point you made about the heat of the turbo against the firewall by pushing it back was the biggest realization that this configuration would not work. Not only are the other front-midship configs RWD..they are also N/A. No turbo to worry about. If you did the configuration mid-engined..you could force induce the engine with less heat concerns. But, I have to say guys..all of you took it above and beyond the call of duty with this thread. If it wasn't for you you guys..I would actuly being doing "work" all day.. Keep it up! :D

Archived