LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Seats in LGT: Anyone Done It?

KartRacerBoy

Has anyone yet put an aftermarket sport seat in a 2005+ LGT yet? If so, what did you do about the airbag sensor for the steering wheel and sensor for the seat sideairbags?

Look it up on NASIOC or IWSTi... the STi guys have dealt with it already. I believe it involved using resistors to make the light stay off

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

The resistor is ok for the airbags removed with the stock seat, but I would like the airbag in the steering wheel (as opposed to behind the steering wheel) to work. I don't want to disable the sensor that measures seat distance; I want to retrofit it to the new aftermarket seat so the airbag deploys at the appropriate speed. Have the STi guys done this?

any clue if the JDM WRX sti ver. seat will work or not? in terms of seat rail and stuff??

cax I'm having a hard time to keep my butt+upper leg on the chair during track dayz

thanks in advance

alan

I put an aftermarket driver seat in my car, i put a resistor for the side airbag, and i just took the distance sensor of the original seat, and i just connected it and tywrapped it under my seat.

I am the only driver in my car, and i have the seat all the way back , so thats what it is set at now.

I'm sure if you want to make the sensor functional, that you can fabricate something, like a little bracket that fits under the new seat to mount the sensor, and a little actuator arm that actuates the sensor when it is in the front most position.

Good luck.

Sure i can help you, but i don't know how those sti seats mount at the bottom because i have a cobra seat.

We can always check it out and see if my bracket will work.

If not, the guys at wedge engineering can modify the bracket for you.

Just let me know when you want to meet up to check it out.

I am kinda busy the coming 2 weekends, but maybe during the week would work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived