LegacyGT.com

VIN Lookup for Wind Damage

twisted

Link to the carfax report is here:

http://www.carfax.com/phoenix/external/viewEmailReport.do?a=RTrAmFRoH7x6ekhy9jApMVHUQ%2BpBNI4X&b=CzgTFa11aUQbSVms%2BHC%2FIQ%3D%3D&c=zBTNpJ5ZBag9ZkDfpA6odA%3D%3D

Actually, something is strange here... 03/05/2005 registered as "personal vehicle", then 04/11/2005 registered as "lease vehicle". Isn't that wind damaged cars are "bought" by dealers and sold as used?

Also, I would not rely on carfax too much. I just test drove a used LGT 5MT Wagon, that has essentially empty carfax history. Nothing there, no registration, inspection, nada, zlilch. The car was a POS, after a rear accident and seriously wrapped rotors (the wheel almost twisted my arms during breaking).

Your best bet is to call Subaru customer service. I was shopping for a used Subaru. I asked them about 3 cars. In first case they told me what warranty repairs was done on the car (headlight, door latch). Second time, they refused to tell me much, because of "privacy policy" - the guy just told me just "nothing to worry about, car is clean". I asked "no engine work?". "No". Third time, they would not say absoultely anything. However - if you say you're now the owner, they would supposedly tell you about all previous' owner warranty work done. I didn't lie to them, but if I was to buy a used car, probably would... I would hate to hear that "pistons were just replaced" after buying a used car. Now that I bought new one, it's irrelevant.

Archived