LegacyGT.com

Legacy made D-sport mag.....

-Smoke_

In the June 2006 issue of D-sport mag, they have 2 articles about the Leggy!

First there is a Subaru "Turbo buyers guide". Several different models shown.

Then they take a Spec. B and do a stage II with dyno #'s. I haven't finished reading it, but they say that the Leggy is "under rated" in the HP dept. They claim it comes out stock with 233whp or about 275 hp.

Wow, we're in the spotlight! :icon_bigg

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Here's an update for the spec-B article.

Base dyno run was 233.3 whp

Header back exhaust system, includes: DC Sports comp header, DC Sports up-pipe, Cobb 3" catted d/p, Greddy EVO 2 exhaust. This upgreade upped the HP to 266.5 whp

Then they had XS Engineering do a ECUTEK Reflash. This got 281.2 whp.

The final piece was a XS Engineering Powermax C.A.I. for 283.8 whp

In the next round, they plan on upgrading the fuel pump and injectors to safely raise the boost level. Stay Tuned!

They stated that they could only "safely" get 16.6 psi of boost, as the current fuel pump couldn't support any more fuel to prevent a lean condition.

took me sometime to find this, but it's actually the car from a member on this forum!

Just to let you guys know that my car is featured in a test and tune article in the June issue of Dsport magazine. The Spec B put down 283 whp w/ intake, dp, up pipe, header, and reflash. Let me know what u guys think. Thanks

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32322

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Yeah, I believe Jon @ TDC states about 195-220? whp for a LGT, but their spec B started @ 233. That's about 10 - 30 whp more than TDC's dyno. Maybe they aren't using "corrected" readings. :iam::confused:

Yeah, I believe Jon @ TDC states about 195-220? whp for a LGT, but their spec B started @ 233. That's about 10 - 30 whp more than TDC's dyno. Maybe they aren't using "corrected" readings. :iam::confused:

Every dyno reads differently, no matter if they use "correction" factors or not. Even dyno's from the same manufacturer can vary, depending on setup. Similar cars on the same dyno can also vary in terms of output.

A dyno is really just a tuning tool, and you shouldn't readily compare different cars on different ones. The thing to look at would be a graph showing the gains in the same car from the baseline and then the tune on one dyno. Even then, "peak numbers" don't always tell the real story, especially for a street-driven car where I would take a flatter torque curve than a spikey/peaky one.

I wonder if scans ever dyno'd his spec.B when it was stock?

-Mike-

Comparing different road tests that I have read it appears the Spec B is quicker than other LGT's. I know firmer suspension can help improve acceleration but I'm beginning to believe Subaru put a little unadvertised extra horsepower into the Spec B.

I'm beginning to believe Subaru put a little unadvertised extra horsepower into the Spec B.
If so, that was a brilliant marketing strategy! Many of these limited edition cars are sitting unsold on dealer lots even at invoice price, while hard-core Legacy enthusiasts on this board lament the fact they they didn't give the Spec B so much as even a 20-30hp boost.

Maybe they should have kept the Bilstein suspension a secret, too.

Archived