LegacyGT.com

comparing tire vendors

jk

I was looking around at tires on the web and decided to compare prices on identical tires at tirerack with those at 1010tires and etires. No contest, tirerack's a lot cheaper. The difference per tire was as little as $5 and as much as $65, or $260 on a set of four! :evil: I'd say the average difference was about $35/tire (just a guesstimate). Anyway I thought I'd save anyone else the bother of doing this exercise.

I used TreaDepot.com for my Toyo's, pretty decent. Another place for a couple of brands is [url]www.edgeracing.com[/url] which has good prices, [url]www.onlinetires.com[/url] is another that appears to have decent prices. I've worked with TireRack before, unfortunately they don't carry Toyo & Falken, two key mfgs in the import market. TR's service is outstanding though, never had any issues with them whatsoever. I also used TreaDepot.com and had no issues, those were shipped to a dealership prior to taking delivery of my GT though, so I've only used the latter vendor once, but I've heard other good things about them. I'll agree, once I have seen more data about 1010, they are a bit high and may not be the most consistent on results, but just a place for another comparison.

[quote name='jk']the toyo proxe 4 is $84 at tiredlr.com, $89 at treadepot, $89 at online tires, $94 at edgeracing and $154 at 1010tires! i guess it pays to shop around.[/quote] Remember to compare total prices with shipping quotes calculated in. It makes a world of difference in the end. 387.40 @ tiredlr.com, 402.17 @ treadepot.com, $407.81 @ OnlineTires.com, $531.13 @ 1010tires.com

Archived