LegacyGT.com

How to program functionality

• 10 months later...
[quote name='Zeus']Anyone know thw answer to this one? Matter of fact, where is the "shock sensor" located?[/quote] It used to be under the center console in years past. On the brain there was a reostat/ potentiometer that you could adjust the sensitivity with on the brain. I am guessing that all still exists.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='iguanamafia']It used to be under the center console in years past. On the brain there was a reostat/ potentiometer that you could adjust the sensitivity with on the brain. I am guessing that all still exists.[/QUOTE] Yep, but nowadays you need the Subaru Select Monitor to adjust it.

• 2 years later...
Here's one for you....and maybe I just need to open my manual...but anyway, my lock chime (beep) won't "beep" anymore. The only time it chimes is if the car is locked and I use the trunk release. Once I close the trunk, the car will chime to let me know it's locked. I like the chime bc for some reason I remember more clearly if I lock from an auditory stimulus as opposed to watching the lights flash.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

• 3 years later...

After disconnecting the battery to fit a electric brake controller, I found that my Subaru Outback 2010 driver's side window would not automatically go up and down - IE, I had to hold the switch rather than just a momentary press.

I did a reasonable bit of searching and didn't see the answer published other than in the service manual, so I have shared it here. I apologise if it is already posted and I just could not find it.

From the manual:

1. Sit in the driver’s seat and close the door.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  3. Operate the power window main switch to open the window glass halfway.
  4. Operate the power window main switch to “UP” direction to fully close the driver’s side window glass.
  5. While the window glass is fully closed, hold down the power window switch to “UP” direction for one second.
  6. Operate the power window main switch to “AUTO DOWN” direction to check whether the window fully opens properly.

NOTE: If the window does not fully open properly, repeat steps 1 to 6

It did not work for me initially, but I turned the ignition off and then on again and then normal automatic window operation was restored.

Hope this is useful.

Archived