LegacyGT.com

AWD dyno in NorCal?

SubiGT

What shops are available for us guys who spin all 4 wheels? I need to run a baseline before I start my mods.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Contact Gruppe-S in Fremont. They are a pretty decent group of guys. I'm pretty sure we've got a few more around too. But, Guppes-S is well known. They have a Mustang eddy current dyno.

Dyno time runs about $195 /hr. there. I think it takes about 30 min to do a base run, maybe more.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/

I figured I would have to drive some to get to a dyno. In fact, I have to drive some just to go shopping. Keep the recommendations coming!

Thanks

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Numbers are one thing, the difference between the numbers is what I'm looking for.

Does Gruppe-S tune for the AP?

Does Gruppe-S tune for the AP?

Yes, Mike can ProTune your AP. I'll be going in for my tune once my AVO TMIC/BOV arrive (hopefully sometime next week).

I'm glad that the difference is what you're looking for, as I dyno'd my old STi (TD06H-20G, catted turbo-back, FMIC, injectors, etc.) ~290whp on their mustang and ~340whp on a DynaPack. :p

-Mike-

You guys should consider Ed at EQTuning. I think he's in Davis but he has a great reputation with the wrx crowd, he just hasn't advertised over here. I'm going to have him tune my 20g Legacy in a week or so... small company, I think it's just him - but his tunes are great from what I've read/seen:

http://www.Eqtuning.com

He also has his own section at wrxfanatics for those of you who ever wonder over there...

+1 for Ed having a good reputation.

Only thing is he tunes on the road. Unless you rent dyno time somewhere. Nothing wrong with road tuning, in fact, probably an excellent thing to do. But, not too great if you trying to see what the different mods to car are doing.

I'm going to have him tune my 20g Legacy in a week or so... small company, I think it's just him - but his tunes are great from what I've read/seen
Wanna come over so I can see your car?? :p

I saw Ed tuning someone's WRX once near my house. Didn't say anything though, since I don't have a Suby. Should've advertised for our site! buttt I had to drive to SF.

-ben

The road dyno has proved to be within about 1% of the mustang from what I've heard (I think the Gruppe S mustang, anyway)... and all the loads on the car are real instead of simulated.

I would say they have at times been similar but not within 1%, without a same day same car test it's kind of sujective at best anyway. Regardless Ed of Eq does a good job!

If any of you Legacy owners want to get a baseline here at Gruppe-S just call to make a appointment and mention that Mike said it was $60 for Legacygt.com members (typical price for dyno baseline with AFR is $75).

Mike

Ed just road tuned my 05 LGT on 05-06-2006. It is more responsive (smoother) than Cobb's Stage 2 and there is more pull (torgue). He did my WRX about 5 months ago and it screams. Anyways, Ed is a good guy and he knows his stuff. Racing up and down a country road for a road tune is alot more fun and realistic.

cheers

Wanna come over so I can see your car?? :p

I saw Ed tuning someone's WRX once near my house. Didn't say anything though, since I don't have a Suby. Should've advertised for our site! buttt I had to drive to SF.

Sure, if you want to check it out I'll let you know as soon as I get my TDC FMIC and can schedule a tune date - I'd love to show this thing off when it's finished!

As per the 1% thing I know someone who tuned with Ed and also put it on the dyno (I think the mustang at gruppe-s) and the #'s were virtually identical... maybe it was within a few percent, but I was impressed anyway.

Archived