LegacyGT.com

Annapolis Subaru

Elec

synthetic blend is oil that is usually 75% conventional oil and 25% fully synthetic oil.....some manufacturers wil vary on the mix but that's a pretty close ratio....basically you get some of the free flowing and lower friction coefficients of synthetic oil with the lower prie of the conventional......

I bought my car from Annapolis Subaru about a year and half ago, I had a really good experience with them. I went there to drive and possibly buy a bug eye WRX. I walked by the Legacy on the way to that, and actually said to my mom I like this car alot, but never looked at the price. Went and looked at the bug eye but the yellow was too pale looking for my taste. When we were leaving I was walking back by and had to take a closer look at the Legacy. I figured it was expensive. When i saw the sale price of $23,400 I just about shit myself. I was back that weekend after stripping my car of most of its aftermarket parts to trade it. They couldnt give me what i needed for trade on that so i left with a new car and my old one. They told me they were going to sell it to a wholesaler. The thing that really impressed me was that they called me back later that week (after they had my money by the way) and said they had a buyer for my old car at the price i wanted. That really impressed me.

P.S. The finance person i talked to was a really hot blonde with a nice Legacy it was silver with the lip trunk spoiler and STI pinks. Nice looking car. Did i mention she was hot.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't surf around on this thread as much as I would like to so I didn't see it until today.

We offer a bunch of different oil changes and we change our main brand of oil on a regular basis. We have a guy in the back who shops the oil prices around town to get the best deal on the formulation we need. Most regular oil changes get a synthetic blend, usually Motorcraft brand which is in our tanks. We offer full synthetics by the bottle - Redline, Royal Purple, Castrol, Mobil 1 and sometimes we have Amsoil. Unfortunately some of the full synthetics can be very pricey but we keep them for convenience.

Sorry that your sales experience was not up to par at first. I am sure that is why JP did not last very long here. We are very customer oriented and try to give you the best dealership experience possible whether it be for sales, service or parts.

Thanks,

Jackie

Annapolis Subaru

Parts Department

for those in the Mid-A at least.... ALWAYS get your car appraised at CarMax before trading it into a dealer. I know for certain that Annapolis Subaru absolutely sells other makes. Now if you are trading in a 1995 Civic with 192,000 miles, I guarantee that'll go to wholesale auction, if one of their own employees doesn't buy it first ;) .

Other notes. Jackie is the most helpful and friendly subaru parts person that I've ever dealt with.

Can't comment much on service, as I only went there once for warranty work (fix headlight, wiper blade, oil change, etc.). I do remember the 06 LGT 5eat loaner they gave me though :)

We are very customer oriented and try to give you the best dealership experience possible whether it be for sales, service or parts.

Thanks,

Jackie

Annapolis Subaru

Parts Department

Hi Jackie! :)

For anyone else going to buy from Annapolis - try Paul Singleton. I met him on a day that Annapolis was changing locations (back in 04). Everything was a mess at the old place because they were trying to get all their stuff moved to the current location. Wife and I were just in the area and decided to do the looky loo thing since we were in no position to buy yet (getting ready to buy a house at the time). Anyway, Paul comes over and we explain our situation but he still takes the time to dig out one of their brochures that was packed away and then not only stays with us while we sit in a few cars, but walks us over to their other lot and talks about 30 min in the heat and humidity with us about the LGT.

Anyway, fast forward a few months, a few more visits, a house purchase, and we're back there again just taking a look. I never wasted his time on a test drive during our six month relationship, because I knew what it was like to deal with chronic test drivers (I used to sell @ Carmax Laurel). Anyway, I had the misfortune to get rear ended one day and we had to seriously look at buying another car. Naturally, Annapolis was one of the places we had to check out.

We ended up buying the exact same WRX wagon we saw a few months earlier and it had a whopping 6 miles on it. Wife liked the seats better and it was supposed to be her car once she finished up her dissertation (that plan has now changed because she has since sat in a Cooper S).

Anyway, Paul was nice to us during this entire six month period and actually understood English when I said, "We'll call you when we're ready and in a position to buy." Always the first guy to greet us when he saw us walk up (ie, never sat at his desk waiting for one of the other guys to steer us his way), no pricing games, etc.

The same can't be said with Wilkins who called incessantly. I understand the concept of followup, but when a guy puts a note on the customer card that says, "Do not call - buying a house first" you'd think they'd understand. But that's another story for another thread...

Anyway, to sum up my Annapolis experience using a popular auction site's terminology:

A+++++++++++! Prompt delivery! Would buy again! AAAAAA++++++!!!!

I'll second the recommendation on Paul, he was my salesman when I bought the LGT. He was a good guy, friendly, helpful, not pushy at all. The problem for me arose when it was time to actually deal on price and my trade. That JP guy showed up from out of nowhere and took over the process. That whole move was kinda shady and if I had it to do over again, I'd have refused to deal with him when I'd been working with Paul all day and at my previous visit.

But I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone in to talk with Paul, he treated me very well throughout the process!

Archived