LegacyGT.com

Nav install - paint color?

bhogan414

I finally got my nav unit in hand, and just have to do all of the cutting and what not to fit it into the cubby hole. I know a lot of people have done this using bondo to perfect the fit and then painted it. I am just hoping someone has some recommendations for a paint color that most closely matches the stock finish. I have searched and couldn't find any mention of what colors work best. I am not too worried about making it perfect, but I want to get as close as possible.

After the factory rubbery coating was sanded off, my custom bezel was dyed, not painted. I believe the actual color was JDM grey... which makes me laugh everytime I say it. My installer sprayed a little texture flake to give the bezel some natural character and it looks very OEM.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Will do on the pics. It may be late tonight, but I am hoping to get it done before tomorrow. I will have to see how it goes, as this is my first time working with Bondo, could get messy, so any tips anyone has on working with the stuff would be useful as well.

Well it's not looking so good tonight. I was test fitting the bezel to make sure it could open with it on, and it won't open all the way. It is looking like I may have to get a new unit, which may take up to 8 days! So now I may be stuck with no sound whatsoever and a gaping hole in my dash for awhile.

Gt_ltd, it is the Eclipse AVN 5495, 6.5in screen, built in hard drive, etc. Let me know if you want more specific info.

When I got mine, I think it was the only one available in the state, so if I have to replace it, it has to come from out of state, and the guy I bought it from said it could take that long. I am really hoping I can get this one to work, but it is looking doubtful, plus I am afraid I will just break it more by trying.

Psych major, finishing junior year.

Here is a pic of the gaping hole in my dash. It's all I have for the moment.

And thanks for the offer, that was my plan but I found out I will have to go in to work this evening, and since there isn't any rush on finishing the install since I don't have a unit, it isn't looking like much will happen with it today.

DSC00834.JPG.c4ac9478351cc096e67292e6ff716908.JPG

Gt, I assume you are in Boulder? At CU?

I lived in 80303 until I graduated a few yrs ago, but I still go to the King Soopers on 30th and Arapahoe for fresh fruit... I rarely buy fruit from other KS's or Safeway's.

Am I the only one who sees a Boulder Legacy/Outback meet coming soon, like next month? :icon_bigg

This Space For Rent

Archived