LegacyGT.com

My first install.....pics

Dsfa

50w vs 75w isn't a big difference in terms of db, pretty minimal actually. Factor in a reduction in headroom and the only appeal of a 3ohm (vs. 4 ohm) setup is SPL, which I imagine isn't a great reason to buy those speakers.

Bottom line, there's no such thing as something for nothing.

Second bottom line - if you want more power get a bigger amp.

Seriously, speaker choice is so subjective, just find some that sound good to your ears, the rest will fall in place as needed.

I agree get a bigger amp thats the best solution. And speakers is really a person to person thing which is why I stated that in my opinion they were better sounding. My favorites are elemental desgins and cdt audio.

Seriously, speaker choice is so subjective, just find some that sound good to your ears, the rest will fall in place as needed.

I found very hard to get an accurate listen at Tweeter all thier speakers are set up to hear them on axis and some were set up high and low Etc.

The Focals still sounded the best .

I have a pretty fancy home rig so I guess Iam kind of spoiled.

My speakers are Revel F30's and I driver them with an Ayre V-3 amp which is made right there in Boulder Co.

So Boulder Guy, you shouldl go check them out there one the best Audio companys around.

Hey, do you have a install guide or link to one for the Sirius? I want to put that in the Outback! :)

Oh and does the cubby door close w/ the starmate installed?

The Starmate fits in there perfectly and as far as a guide well I winged it.I used some styrofoam cut 2"x4" and put some self adhesive black felt to make it look presentable.

The door closes fine and the Starmate is unattached so that I can remove and use it in other locations!

My speakers are Revel F30's and I driver them with an Ayre V-3 amp which is made right there in Boulder Co.

So Boulder Guy, you shouldl go check them out there one the best Audio companys around.

I think that used to be Edge Audio, no?

Did you use a Jazzy or do u use the FM tuner?

Also, does the remote work w/ the cubby closed?

I am using it thru the FM modulator and I mosty listen to talk radio and sound quality really was not a concern. I did hardwire the power though.

The remote is infared red, so the cubby does need to open in order for it to work.

No, but edge makes some great stuff.

Ayre makes amps that are really smooth almost tube like are their built like tanks!

If your ever bored go check them out they have a listening room thats supposed to top notch.Charlie Hansen is the owner and Iam sure he let you have a listen

He kind reminds of of Manville Smith .........Loves to talk shop!

Charlie use to design Avalon speakers also.

There is another company out there that also make some really exspensive suff BOULDER audio company. Their top of the line is like 50k or something insane like that.

Must something in the Boulder "Ayre" that makes them sound so good!

I avoid home audio, it tends to own me more than I own it - bad juju. Car audio is enough of an obsession for now.

So the system is an old set of B&W's, carver pre-amp, Belles amp, Squeezebox II tuner - that's it.

Yeah, I know that feeling very well and I now I think I open up a can of worms myself with the car audio stuff !

• 3 weeks later...

I used the foam tray and 1/2 inch mdf plywood and drilled thru both of them.The mdf is painted with some textured spray paint from home depot.

I made a template for the mdf and it sits in there with no fastners.

The amp and cleansweep are screwed into the mdf so they do not move around .

Archived