LegacyGT.com

Perrin Rear Sway Bar/EndLinks

mechdiff

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Some discussion about the quality of the old Perrin RSB with the three holes. I heard that there is a new one out that has 2 holes. My car is not lowered and I do not plan on lowering it in the future will the three hole bar be compatible and not hit the control arm? What about the squeeking a lot of people get, is that due to lack of lubrication or a poor install?

What benefits will I get by replacing the stock endlinks with the Perrin ones? It's sizable amount of money to spend on those links so before I drop the coin I thought I would check. I was planning on using the stock links.

Thanks for any help.

i have a ouback 3.0r, not lowered.

i have one of the early three hole rear sways. i put in the new bushings with with the correct grease and so far the past two weeks have been squeeky free.

the endlink socket design started to loosen up and make a lot of clunking noises so dumped them for the latest avo xt endlinks and everything is quiet.

the endlink socket design started to loosen up and make a lot of clunking noises so dumped them for the latest avo xt endlinks and everything is quiet.

I've had Perrin rear endlinks on my old '04 STi (~2 years) which are now on my LGT (~4 months), and I've never had any problems with them falling apart/clunking.

-Mike-

ordered from http://www.perrinperformance.com/

should be 2; will know tomorrow for sure

Ouch, you DO realize you could save like ~30-40 by ordering via a vendor right?

Try JSCSpeed. I ordered mine and all I can say is that it was completely painless.

To be honest I expected the 3 hole, but got the new 2 hole unit instead.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Some discussion about the quality of the old Perrin RSB with the three holes. I heard that there is a new one out that has 2 holes. My car is not lowered and I do not plan on lowering it in the future will the three hole bar be compatible and not hit the control arm? What about the squeeking a lot of people get, is that due to lack of lubrication or a poor install?

What benefits will I get by replacing the stock endlinks with the Perrin ones? It's sizable amount of money to spend on those links so before I drop the coin I thought I would check. I was planning on using the stock links.

Thanks for any help.

Squeaking can be either improper lube or overtorquing the mounts.

To give a good idea, the swaybar mounts on a STi require only 18 ft-lbs of torque.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived