LegacyGT.com

Alarm Siren? Replace Horn?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm in the process of changing the factory horn on MY05 to a lower tone such as the type found on say Chevy. I want it to have a more commanding sound. But I was wondering if there was a way to add a siren to the existing security system in lieu of the usual horn output. I do not have the Alarm Upgrade Shock Sensor. The type of siren I had in mind was that you would find on say a Mercedes. I don't want one of those annoying aftermarket sirens that when one goes off no one even pays attention to it. I have heard the alarm siren on the 2003 Mercedes-Benz C240. I personally find that it sounds a classier than the almost overtly used horn. I feel that such a siren would be befitting of such a car as the Legacy with up market aspirations. I was wondering if there was an output in the factory wiring that would make such a mod applicable. Thanks for any help.

Newsflash, you have to take the bumper off to replace the horns.. I mean you could try to do it through the lil flap in the bumper but it would be a nighmare, and since the whole bumper comes off in about 10 minutes of popit removal its not worth the aggrivation to try it the other way.

As far as the horns are concerned there are connections for two standard horns a high and a low tone

I replaced mine with 'freeway blasters' from the local autozone and they sound way better then stock..

As far as your other question, no i dont believe it would be possible to do so. A siren is just a loudspeaker, if you dont have anything to send to it other then 12v you'll just get a nice crackling noise.

If you want a siren you will have to invest in an aftermarket alarm.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Thank you for the condescending reply. And yes, I do realize that you have to take the bumper off to change the horns. I noted that by asking for instructions how to remove it in the original post.

Thank you for the condescending reply. And yes, I do realize that you have to take the bumper off to change the horns. I noted that by asking for instructions how to remove it in the original post.

I was speaking to raver, not you and you are going to have to learn to be a little less sensitive if you want to handle being on message boards.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Guest *Jedimaster*

Hey n00b- be nice or some of us old dudes are gonna come over and give you teh bungy :lol:

a car alarm siren gets 12volts and the different honking and crap is created inside the siren itself

Wait, so there's already a separate horn or siren existing in the car? I'm confused now, I thought that the alarm had an output to the horn to sound in that specific pattern? But there's another horn or whatever for the alarm apart from the regular two?

Archived