LegacyGT.com

Ski Rack for Sedan

nwroller

When I test drove the sedan, I asked the salesman about this and he told me sheepishly that no ski sack accessory is available from Subaru. Disappointing from a company that sells a lot in Northern states and Canada Only solution I have is to ask my significant other to make one. I had to ask her to sew one together for my '93 Nissan Altima which was also a passthrough-only car. It is not such a big job. The only problem is designing a good way to secure it to the inside of the trunk. I did it with adhesive Velcro.

Sorry... :oops: I thought the question was about ski SACKS and not ski RACKS... I have given up more than 10 years ago carrying skis on a rack. I prefer to have them inside the car so they are protected from road salt, grime, etc... and I won't spend 6 months a year with a big box on top of my car.

I just checked REI and the Thule and Yakima sites and Yakima lists some systems for the LW and OB and Thule has nothing yet. I guess they're still under development. Ski season is coming up quick so I'm sure they'll have something out by the end of the month or early next month. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic'] Ski season is coming up quick [/quote] Ski season has already started! From saminfo.com: Silverton First to Open SAM Magazine--Silverton, Colo., Sept. 6, 2004--Silverton Mountain was the first U.S. ski area to get skiers and riders onto its slopes for the 2004-05 season on Sept. 4 following heavy snowfall down to the area's 10,400-foot base elevation. The snowfall was fueled by moisture from Tropical Storm Howard. This is the third year in a row that Silverton has been the first to open to the public, even if just for a day or two.

I saw these: [url] [url]http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/05legacy.html[/url] the rack is about three quarters of the way down. Is it a geniune Subaru part? if not, does anyone know what make it is?.. seems rather cheap if it is a geniune subaru or thule/ yakima rack system. I have been thinking lots about getting this from taht site, anyone know? A big readson I bought the Legacy over the TL was AWD so that I could have fun in the city and highways, and still take my car snowboarding with four friends. DK[/url]

Of I got the Legacy over the TL also because the TL sucked ass.... I know numbers wise the TL looks pretty comparable if not better than the Legacy, but upon driving both cars the power delivery and feel is totally diff. three words: Legacy Rock Solid! But the HIDs, Navi, DVD Audi, Voice Recognition was nice in the TL BTW the Legacy GT Ltd. 5EAT is more expensive than a TL in Canada. i almost bought a TL becasue it was more affordable.. can't say that anywhere else in the world! :D

Archived