LegacyGT.com

Covercraft UVS100 Heat Shield

Bump for an awesome sun shade!! It is definitely that time of year again and I am sooooooo glad I have one of these. It is always the first accessory I buy for any of my cars. You won't regret the investment on something this high quality.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I just found this thread and ordered one. I've always used the custom-made (to the car model) ones that roll up. Can't remember the name, but they're sold at a lot of dealers. Good quality, last for years. This one sounds like it has more insulation so I'll try it. I hope it's as quick to fold as the other one was to roll...

Most of the time those are the same shade but with the car name stamped on the front.

These are incredibly easy to fold and they stay folded on their own. Think about everything that irks you about the cheap generic sunshades and imagine something without any of those problems. That is what this one is.

I store the one in my Corolla between the passenger seat and the door. It fits fine there and doesn't even really get in the way when I have an unexpected passenger. They just step over it and it is fine. Storing it should definitely not be a concern when looking at getting one of these. You'll find a place for it and you'll be soooo glad you have it when the temperature is a hundred degrees outside this summer.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I bought mine from DetailCity.com. They just drop ship them directly from Covercraft.

When you say that the resellers aren't good at the internet, what kinds of problems do you see? The only problem I've ever had ordering this product from DetailCity is that sometimes Covercraft is backlogged with demand and it can take a couple weeks for them to send it out. That is more of a Covercraft issue though. The reseller is awesome and shipped everything else in my order out seperately.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I bought mine from DetailCity.com. They just drop ship them directly from Covercraft.

When you say that the resellers aren't good at the internet, what kinds of problems do you see? The only problem I've ever had ordering this product from DetailCity is that sometimes Covercraft is backlogged with demand and it can take a couple weeks for them to send it out. That is more of a Covercraft issue though. The reseller is awesome and shipped everything else in my order out seperately.

Mostly I see with autoparts websites is just poor website quality/design as a whole (clicking on something and seeing an error, etc).

Specifically the first few places I looked for these, I noticed part numbers weren't matching up. I was putting in the part number I got off the covercraft website for a 2007 Legacy Sedan (they have no 2008 yet) and some websites were pulling up like a 2.5i outback sport and telling me NOT FOR SEDAN! and things like that. Lots of wrong descriptions, wrong pictures, bad pricing (one place sells this for $61, another for $49, another for $45).

The quality of your website in user interface and correctness of data says a lot about your business (to me) -- I won't typically buy things from a website that is difficult to navigate or if I don't 100% trust the accuracy of the product descriptions.

With Detail City it doesn't matter. You put in the year, make, and model of the automobile and they submit that to Covercraft and make sure you get the right one. I'm a member of several forums that they sponsor and I've never heard any complaints about getting the wrong sunshade using that system.

Auto part online stores are usually a lot different than detail stores. Detailers are pretty meticulous by nature, so you won't find a whole lot of glaring issues like that. Sometimes you'll find reference in an article to products that aren't carried anymore, but I know how hard that kind of stuff is to keep updated, so I cut them a break. :) Detail City is kept up on really well and you won't find any of the things you mentioned irritate you. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm selling mine- it's been sitting in the trunk since I got it. I never put those things in. Anyone want it?

Archived