LegacyGT.com

sunroof rattle

grapela

mlrtime,

I would take a photo of the arms for you, but I don't want glass shards to fall all over my cabin. The sun shade is holding a bunch of the stuff for the moment ( packing tape is holding it together from the top).

Let me do a better job of describing the arms. (It is all from memory now, cant see squat). If you were to press the sunroof open toggle button without first sliding back the sun shade, two arms would do the job for you automatically. My guess is that your arms are properly secured by the tabs, making them hard to see because they are either covered by the sunshade or fully recessed to the rear of the sunroof. If either of them became dislodged from the tab, they would be easily seen.

Off the topic, but that stone or whatever shattered my sunpanel is going to be very expensive. First quote from dealer was for $600. And I just burned all my subaru bucks a few weeks earlier. I can locate a replacement panel part from "subaru parts direct" for 288$. I am just not sure if I am up to installing it nice and water tight. Anybody got thoughts on that? Where would I get instructions for doing it myself?

001.thumb.jpg.db2984c9993ed960095bc674438cccfa.jpg

Archived