LegacyGT.com

Groove on the rotor?

SUBBROS

Glad you guys have gotten an easier time. I just had my GT in today at 10,600 miles, they've known about the issue since nearly day one. They wouldn't outright replace the rotor so I told them to turn it. Did. It's wearing in again. They're ordering new pads. I suspect in the end hopefully they'll just throw a new rotor on there because when the new pads go on, it'll have to be turned again taking it down even more. They want to problem solve it when the solution is likely in the end to be a new rotor and pads anyhow. This should have been fixed in the first month, I've had it since July and still dinking around with it. .....this is so frustrating!!!!

It's very rare and wrong for rotors to be turned twice. I feel they shouldn't be done at all - instead replaced. [quote name='SUBE555']Glad you guys have gotten an easier time. I just had my GT in today at 10,600 miles, they've known about the issue since nearly day one. They wouldn't outright replace the rotor so I told them to turn it. Did. It's wearing in again. They're ordering new pads. I suspect in the end hopefully they'll just throw a new rotor on there because when the new pads go on, it'll have to be turned again taking it down even more. They want to problem solve it when the solution is likely in the end to be a new rotor and pads anyhow. This should have been fixed in the first month, I've had it since July and still dinking around with it. .....this is so frustrating!!!![/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
funny thing, i was talking to my friend whos like my tech advisor and he has many friends in the sub dealership (works in sub aftermarkets) and he said that that groove is actually intentional! like SUB has it to check the wear on the rotor. i know it sounds weird. and that people of SOA didnt know much about it at first. but it seems like theres no way to get rid of the groove unless you get some new brakes. what do you all think? im still skeptical.

Archived