LegacyGT.com

question about adjustable endlinks

sportwagon

How do I determine the length that I should set an adjustable endlink to, especially considering all instructions are in Japanese? I've got a LGT Sedan (manual trans) with Cusco front/rear sways and lowered springs (pink). I also have added a considerable amount of weight (approx. 200-250lbs) over the rear axle (although taking off the stock mufflers saved some serious weight) does this effect the length of the endlinks? Do I use the stock endlink length minus the drop of the car? Thanks!

-Sportwagon

Good question as I bought used pair of AVO rear endlinks,...

But Im pretty sure you just match them up to the stock lengths of the endlinks right?

Can anyone confirm this? I will do my install this weekend too,..

Matching to stock makes sense to me... going longer or shorter is only there to make up for lowering/raising the car. Otherwise, there is no real purpose to adjustable endlinks.

Either way, be sure both are the same length, otherwise you will preload the sway bar towards one side, making it stiffer to roll one way, and MUCH looser the other. (Ie bad vehicle dynamics)

I would just make them short as possible.

That's what I did... Just one or two turns shorter than the shortest setting!

Everything seems to be working great!

My car is now SO responsive!:icon_tong It's amazing how much endlinks can make a difference... Although I bet the front cusco underbrace and the switch to summer wheels/tires is also helping, too!

So, I think I'm close to done with my suspension mods... possibly new struts/strut tops and the rear cusco brace, and even possibly the STi lateral arms in the future... But, my goal to improve the suspension and general sloppy feel of the stock suspension is pretty much satisfied!

SO FAR: STi Pinks springs, Cusco F/R Swaybars (23/21" respectively, I think), AVO adjustable endlinks F/R, Cusco front lower suspension brace, STi front strut tower bar, and a freshly painted aluminum skid plate in cusco blue (not like anyone will see it... except me when I'm working under the car :lol:) to protect my engine from the crazy pothole-covered streets of Boston!

The car turns quick and is ultra responsive... haven't had much of a chance to test it in it's current state, but the initial response can only be described as... :icon_tong!

Anything else, or any other suggestions or comments regarding my setup or potential additons before I'm done with the "handling issue" of the LGT?

Thanks,

Mark

Otherwise, there is no real purpose to adjustable endlinks.

Either way, be sure both are the same length, otherwise you will preload the sway bar towards one side, making it stiffer to roll one way, and MUCH looser the other. (Ie bad vehicle dynamics)

Its interesting because you kinda contradict yourself here.

One of the big reasons for adjustable endlinks is to remove any possible pre-load. This is especially so after getting your car corner-weighted.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived