LegacyGT.com

Stomung is thinking about making a race exhaust for our car.

robsontuning

I talked to Stromung today. We had been talking about my idea of the side exit exhaust and he said if I have an order for 12 he would produce them for me. I don't think that is going to happen, since most people will not want to alter or purchase a new set of side skirts.

He mentioned that he was thinking of producing a single muffler race exhaust for the Legacy GT, instead of the dual now offered by them.

i dont know if there would be alot of interest in this since people that go on the track can just custom fab something.

As for the single muffler, i think pltek tried doing something like that but for their price, no one wanted to do it. Maybe if it was really cheap people would like it.

They actually do make a secondary. I called them up and asked about that when I ordered my exhaust. Problem is, they are so swamped with orders for exhausts that they don't have any catted secondaries made, Ithink they said that they were 2 months behind on those. Also, I haven't seen them sold anywhere, but thy can be ordered.

i dont know if there would be alot of interest in this since people that go on the track can just custom fab something.

As for the single muffler, i think pltek tried doing something like that but for their price, no one wanted to do it. Maybe if it was really cheap people would like it.

Doesn't need to be made in a 3rd world country cheap but manuf costs need to be under control.

my opinion is that anything over 650$ for a single cat back is expenssive when you consider the costs of a top quality off the shelf muffler/resonator for a system like this is ~150$ retail and the piping for top quality SS is dirt cheap by comparison.

I can understand the pricing due to PLteks mufflers/resonators were custom but I don't understand the need for custom mufflers and resonators when there are tons on the market.

300-500$ for a well built single cat back system is more than fair and you can have it done custom for that much for a cat back at a shop that specializes in building exhaust systems if you bring them the parts you want to use and don't want your system polished.

They actually do make a secondary. I called them up and asked about that when I ordered my exhaust. Problem is, they are so swamped with orders for exhausts that they don't have any catted secondaries made, Ithink they said that they were 2 months behind on those. Also, I haven't seen them sold anywhere, but thy can be ordered.

Did you get a price? Did they say when the catted ones were going to be out? Are the midpipes for 5MT or 5EAT?

Sorry, I did not get a price on them. I think that they are transmission independent since they sit at the end of a shorty DP right before the midpipe. I'm assuming that the price would be somewhere in the ballpark of the other secondaries they sell, so like $350 or so. He didnt give me an exact date, but he did say to try the Cobb or some of the other manufacturers. If the secondary is designed for a shorty downpipe, to a stock midpipe, then it should fit with no problems.

Archived