LegacyGT.com

real quick, whats the part number and cost for OEM navi bezel?

16psibrick

gotta go pick up an OEM navi bezel for my Z1...from experience, i always like to be armed with the part number and rough cost range in my head so i dont have a new tech fumbling around and ordering hte wrong part :)

anyone help me out on the fly? I searched for navi bezel and didnt come up with anything

b

yeah, i am interested in seeing too...

i had it mocked up wtiht he stock bezel, and if the navi bezel is just a fraction wider, then it should go in pretty well...but we will see...

as for hte unit, honestly, if i couldnt get it at dealre cost, iw ouldnt have gotten it, i have installed one for a customer:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85079

while htere are some nice features, there are two things that annoyed me:

1. super slow boot up when turning on

2. no hacks yet to allow navi functions while driving hehe

but...we will see how i like it hehe

b

Very smooth looking D1 install! Right on... :woowoo:

Makes you wish the LGT had a real 2DIN option, right? Clean...

Watching this thread too - have you seen what DarkFox is putting together?: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31607 Great sounding kit they're trying hard to get together.

But some of those features in the Z1 REALLY appeal to me, a complete solution to what I want in my car. So - I'm very interested to hear about your experience with the unit itself and the install hassles that you have to deal with...Good luck with the bezel today...

Probably too late, but I didn't know you were looking for dimensions earlier...

The dimensions are:

screen opening:

Height: 5.981

Width: 3.370

Button opening (excluding the slight circular opening in the middle)

Height: .568

Width: 5.446

ignore him, he'll go away.

Very smooth looking D1 install! Right on... :woowoo:

Makes you wish the LGT had a real 2DIN option, right? Clean...

Watching this thread too - have you seen what DarkFox is putting together?: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31607 Great sounding kit they're trying hard to get together.

But some of those features in the Z1 REALLY appeal to me, a complete solution to what I want in my car. So - I'm very interested to hear about your experience with the unit itself and the install hassles that you have to deal with...Good luck with the bezel today...

yes, i'm waiting to see it when it's all done and finished. he does a great job with work arounds. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

thatsa a Z1 install by the way ;)

it ownt be done for about two more weeks, simply dont have time, have two cars back to back starting tommorow so the LGT has to wait hehe have to make cash to spend cash ;)

thanks for the dimenions, i will take some measurements agains thte Z1 :)

b

I'm currently in the middle of a Z1 install. The OEM bezel will work but you're gonna have to trim quite a bit of it to clear the motorzied screen. Also, the way it fits back in the cubby area, it will not be a flush fit, like in the G36 install. It will protrude about 3/4-1 inch. Is is not as clean as an OEM navi. The wiring is a pain but thanks to some knowlegable members on here, I have the pin outs to do it.

hey chuckzul, post some pics will ya? i am doing the same thing in my lgt, and i am wondering how far back you got yours to push back?

with the stock bezel the bigger issue to me is the widths, the opening is smaller than the z1 widths wise and there isnt much room to trim?

we should work together on this one hehe

b

i am wondering how far back you got yours to push back?

with the stock bezel the bigger issue to me is the widths, the opening is smaller than the z1 widths wise and there isnt much room to trim?

I still have room for my Kenwood to go back further. Also, the OEM cubby bezel has a wider opening than the NAV bezel. It presented less fab work to remove the trip computer than to widen the NAV screen opening and cover the button holes.

My Z1 would go no further back than the metal crossbeam, and it seems the way that area is shaped, that that is what's it's supposed to do, i.e., cradle the radio. I did try to eyeball the OEM bezel, and I determined that it would look to awkward so I just trimmed the navi bezel. I did a pretty good job with a dremel and a high speed saw attachment.

fweasel - if you have pics of the stock oem bezel trimmed for the navi, I'd really be interested in seeing them. Maybe you're right, but I'd have to see the finished product.

fyi though, the pioneer nav units are in genreal a little wider and taller opening thant he kenwoods...and a little deeper so...:)

chuck you ahve pics? my nav bezel should be here friday so i cant wait to start trimming it...but yeah, pretty much teh metal beam is what will limit it from going back. :)

b

fweasel - if you have pics of the stock oem bezel trimmed for the navi, I'd really be interested in seeing them. Maybe you're right, but I'd have to see the finished product.

The key to the depth issue is to install the double din HU level to the ground, not the bezel. This allows the back end of the HU to go well beyond the cross beam (up and over actually). I use the screen tilt feature to bring my screen out to the same rake as the vents. Having it sit back this far also allows the top of the screen to sit flush with the bezel and not protrude forward at all. OEM fit and finish was my first prioirity with my install.

http://www.photodump.org/stored3/doubledin.jpg

http://www.photodump.org/stored3/booya.JPG

its more the depths tahts an issue...your kenwood you seem to be able to install it far back enough so that the top clears the top of hte trim bezel, but the Z1 so far, i havent been able to put it far back enough to sit inside the stock bezel completely :) basically the screens sticks out a little and the casing of the unit itself (whcih is wider than the stock opening), hits the bezel...did you have that issue with the kenwood?

b

its more the depths tahts an issue...your kenwood you seem to be able to install it far back enough so that the top clears the top of hte trim bezel, but the Z1 so far, i havent been able to put it far back enough to sit inside the stock bezel completely :) basically the screens sticks out a little and the casing of the unit itself (whcih is wider than the stock opening), hits the bezel...did you have that issue with the kenwood?

b

Well, I think the Kenwood is about the same size in all three dimensions or at least from what's listed on Pioneer's website. The DDX-8017 is 6 7/16" deep. My HU is installed above the beam and a lot of plastic needed to be trimmed away. I have since had it removed to install the nav and iPod cables, there is still some room to spare. Yes, the body trim is larger than the actual screen assembly, but fits behind the the modified OEM bezel (barely, but nicely).

Archived