LegacyGT.com

Subie needs a new bumper - need some advice

ion

Well I need some advice from the LGT forum - so here goes: make a long story short, I got in an accident last weekend. A guy did not yield in an intersection and hit the subie. She is in bad shape. I will get pics up soon. Probably about 5K+ in damage. New hood, both front fenders, under tray, bumper (maybe bumper beam as well), new frame bracket for radiator, etc...

So what do you think? The guy's insurance is going to pay for the fix (cop charged him at fault - he had NO license, NOT a US citizen - BUT he was insured by Nationwide - go figure.. :iam:

Umm what do you think?

1. Try and get the JDM Spec B bumper

2. Fix with regular and use extra money on something else

3. Trader up for 06' Spec B (one here is MD not sold - prob. get it cheap)

4. Wait for 07' Spec B... haha

thoughts..

It happened in Frederick - about 4 miles from my house. The Nationwide adjuster is coming out tomorrow to give me an estimate for the damage. Then I can take it pretty much anywhere I want to get it fixed (know any good body shops in the area that you trust? would love to get the JDM bumper put on with cleared headlights, STI front lip, etc.). I will take some pics then and try to get them up to show you guys.

Are you headlights damaged?

Well if you can get the headlights back and the plastic inner insert is in good condition... I'd like to take them off your hands :-)

If you need some compensation in the form of money, let me know. But since your insurance company will pay to have them replaced... maybe you could hook it up :lol:

I'm not gonna lie. I'm jealous. I'm a huge fan of the JDM bumper and I wanna buy one but I can't justify the money. I wish we could get them from Canada or something but no luck. I'd say go for the JDM bumper, clear your headlights and lip it too. It'll look sexy.

You just gotta find the bumper for a good price somewhere.

Make sure you look at the plastic tabs that hold the lights on and check out what kinda damage is underneath as well as the apprasier does the same. i almost got fucked by that my headlight looked good on the outside but was smashed on the inside and the guy didn't even wanna lift the hood but i was like hey man you gotta look there too!

Just got a call from the apprasier - he does not need to see the car. He trusts the shop I am going to (which is a good shop) - so I am going over there today to talk to them about it. wish me luck...

peterjmc - just wanted to let you know the headlights look like they are good shape - esp. the part you want (the dark inserts). The brackets that hold them to the frame are broken - but the light housing themselves are fine.

I told the shop to box up the parts. So when I get them back - I will let you know and you can come get them.

On a side note - does not look like I can get the shop to get the JDM Spec B bumper. I am still trying though...

peterjmc - just wanted to let you know the headlights look like they are good shape - esp. the part you want (the dark inserts). The brackets that hold them to the frame are broken - but the light housing themselves are fine.

I told the shop to box up the parts. So when I get them back - I will let you know and you can come get them.

On a side note - does not look like I can get the shop to get the JDM Spec B bumper. I am still trying though...

Sweet! Let me know! :icon_bigg

Yeah the shop gave me a hard time about putting a non-US spec bumper on there. Anyway make a long story short - I have a good old US bumper back on the LGT. Bad news is it still needs work. I picked it up last Friday and not everything is right (joy) so I am taking it back. The A/C is not working right and the bumper is not exactly right - one side is a little off and not lined up properly.

Good news peterjmc is that:

1. your headlights are ready for pick up :icon_bigg (PM me for details) and

2. I may be trading my LGT for a 06' Spec B - if they give me a good deal (it's been sitting there for more than 6 months now). We should find out soon.

Archived