LegacyGT.com

A/C problem??

when ever i put my climate controls to 65 degrees the fan blows air harder but the air temp does not change.... then when i troubleshooted by turning the AUTO off and putting the A/C full blast the same thing occured no cold air!..... this is the first time i have used my a/c being its been winter in montana... have an appointment with the dealership next wed. just wondering if you guys have this problem or does your air come out COLD!!

Thanks ,

D

I have the same problem, with turning on the AC and letting it sit for a while with no cooling what so ever. I just had the car checked out by the dealer today. They tried to recharge my AC, but there was a crack in the condenser for the AC caused by a rock or something of the sort. The entire part will have to be replaced at the cost of 650$ for parts and labor.

Here's a link to my thread with the info I got: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32382

when ever i put my climate controls to 65 degrees the fan blows air harder but the air temp does not change.... then when i troubleshooted by turning the AUTO off and putting the A/C full blast the same thing occured no cold air!..... this is the first time i have used my a/c being its been winter in montana... have an appointment with the dealership next wed. just wondering if you guys have this problem or does your air come out COLD!!

Thanks ,

D

\

CHeck the relay fuse re the A/C located under the hood in the driver's side (inside a small black box halfway b/w the battery and the firewall). It's a blue fuse about 3/4 inch by 1/2 inch (at least it was on mine). Some dealers forget to plug in in before delivery. It happened to me. Mine just had to be unplugged from its current location tand moved to the socket next to it. Maybe someone else can tell you its exact location. If I have time I'll take a pic and post it.

\

CHeck the relay fuse re the A/C located under the hood in the driver's side (inside a small black box halfway b/w the battery and the firewall). It's a blue fuse about 3/4 inch by 1/2 inch (at least it was on mine). Some dealers forget to plug in in before delivery. It happened to me. Mine just had to be unplugged from its current location tand moved to the socket next to it. Maybe someone else can tell you its exact location. If I have time I'll take a pic and post it.

+1 mine was in there upside down. Flipped it over and the compressor kicked on.

they came back and said that it was a bad hose of some sort and they would call me next week when they got the part in... hopefully this part fixes it with the stories ive heard... dealer checked the fuse and said they were all plugged in but im gonna check for myself tommorow

• 2 weeks later...
the part came in and they installed..... they said it still leaked and they called subaru.... subaru said order the part AGAIN and take pictures to send to them.....are they not trying to tell me something?

Archived