LegacyGT.com

Are GT Wagons really gone in '07?!

Superdad

Oh man, say it ain't so! I won't be disappointed about there being no Spec B wagon (I need 5EAT for my driving mix), but I'm turning in my 2nd non-turbo GT lease (MY '00 and '03) at the end of this month, and was planning for a purchase later this year of a 5EAT GT Ltd. Wagon. I live in the mountains with great roads (narry a straight or flat one in 40 miles) and am desparate for turbo power (our 3.8L Dodge Grand Caravan gets up the hills faster--with our family of 5!).

But will there really be NO turbo Legacy wagons (the Spec B press release really does not say)? Please don't tell me that the Outback is becoming the only wagon choice. The handling sucks, I think they are ugly, and they charge too much for 'em. (Plus there are a ton of OBs up here and their is a bit of a sexual orientation stigma to them in these parts--stupid buy true).

They need to clear out the Wagons for the new Legacy STi TT. :D

Subaru has said they are proud of their stigma to be the official car of lesbians. link So I guess the stigma is by design and not an accident. Marketing is marketing no matter what the sexual preference I guess.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I live in the mountains with great roads (narry a straight or flat one in 40 miles)

I DON'T live in the mountains but in the flattest farmland in these here United States and with sucky roads (narry a turn or hill in 150 miles). The only turns I see are on racetracks and at the corner of each cornfield. But am I bitter? Hell, yes. I used to live in Connecticut.

I DON'T live in the mountains but in the flattest farmland in these here United States and with sucky roads (narry a turn or hill in 150 miles). The only turns I see are on racetracks and at the corner of each cornfield. But am I bitter? Hell, yes. I used to live in Connecticut.

wow. i would kill myself. no wait....i would move

axis088: Read it elsewhere on this forum. And Jedimaster san: I know they won't drop wagons altogether as the sales numbers of course show they sell a ton of 'em (at least a ton relative to SOA's overall sales), but nearly all the wagons sold in the last few years are Outbacks. So folks here have been speculating that Legacy GTs will only be sedans and Outbacks will only be wagons (OB wagons don't sell well either).

It all makes sense, but I'm sure OB wagons sell more because the dealer makes more actual $ and so does SOA--so that is what they push, even to regular folks who mainly want a car with cargo capacity.

I hope SOA will soon give us good official news on this wagon issue.

wow. i would kill myself. no wait....i would move

Self-employed, wife from Indiana, MY MOTHER IN CONNECTICUT, low cost of living in South Bend, LOTS OF KART RACING HERE, leave wife and go on occasional driving vacation. These are my reasons for not moving. MOTHER IN CONNECTICUT SO CAN'T GO BACK!!!!!:icon_surp

I'm quite familiar with South Bend, IN. Watch out for the Amish buggies twenty minutes in any direction.

- The Mortgage Man

Self-employed, wife from Indiana, MY MOTHER IN CONNECTICUT, low cost of living in South Bend, LOTS OF KART RACING HERE, leave wife and go on occasional driving vacation. These are my reasons for not moving. MOTHER IN CONNECTICUT SO CAN'T GO BACK!!!!!:icon_surp

low cost of living comes with a price.....keep moving west till you see water and/or laguna seca.

I'm quite familiar with South Bend, IN. Watch out for the Amish buggies twenty minutes in any direction.

Damn straight! [Witty pun, eh?] Those buggies are the only reason to turn the steering wheel on 99% of the roads around here. Well, the buggies and their "emissions." They need to put a cat on a horse.:icon_bigg

low cost of living comes with a price.....keep moving west till you see water and/or laguna seca.

I like the move west idea, but I'd have to stop in Colorado to do canyon running, roll by LGT a few times, and stay and buy a Caterham as my daily ride.:)

Damn straight! [Witty pun, eh?] Those buggies are the only reason to turn the steering wheel on 99% of the roads around here. Well, the buggies and their "emissions." They need to put a cat on a horse.:icon_bigg

haha...so nasty

Oh man, say it ain't so! I won't be disappointed about there being no Spec B wagon (I need 5EAT for my driving mix), but I'm turning in my 2nd non-turbo GT lease (MY '00 and '03) at the end of this month, and was planning for a purchase later this year of a 5EAT GT Ltd. Wagon. I live in the mountains with great roads (narry a straight or flat one in 40 miles) and am desparate for turbo power (our 3.8L Dodge Grand Caravan gets up the hills faster--with our family of 5!).

But will there really be NO turbo Legacy wagons (the Spec B press release really does not say)? Please don't tell me that the Outback is becoming the only wagon choice. The handling sucks, I think they are ugly, and they charge too much for 'em. (Plus there are a ton of OBs up here and their is a bit of a sexual orientation stigma to them in these parts--stupid buy true).

Geeze you are in trouble. I am a lesbian and I drive a GT wagon. Surely no one would mistake you for a lesbian. I mean you can tell right! You should see Boston when the DYKE'S on Bikes arrive!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived