LegacyGT.com

Hood Deflector

I don't really know if it does better or worse than without it. I put it on like 2 months after I got the car and there really weren't any bugs out. I mainly got it to protect the edge of my hood from rock chips. I don't have any bugs or rock chips on the visor, so I guess it doesn't do anything. :lol: It looks sharp though.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I had one, no bugs on the windshield.......I don't have one and I still don't get many bugs on my windsheild.......I drive to0 fast, they must get caught too low and don't make it over the hood......:lol:

Someone way back wrote up a thread on how to install the bug gaurd..search away...it's out there ;)

it didn't take me that long, just taking off the rubber seal and unneeded grommets, i found screwing in the middle of deflector then towards the sides helped it fit better. tried from one side to the other and when i got to the other it wouldn't screw in right.

doesn't seem to make much difference, got some junk on the windshield.

got loads of bugs on the windshield on my easter road trip. i would say the only thing it really helps with is keeping the rock chips from the leading edge of the hood.

i get pretty water streamline designs on the hood when driving through rain too.

the non-turbo deflector might actually do more since it has more of a deflector lip on it.

Archived