LegacyGT.com

Single Din HU?'s

Rubix973

Well I'm looking to splurge on a single din head unit to stash in my cubby hole. I need my ipod in my car and I need it hooked up directly to the cars' audio system (no fm modulator or any of that junk). I've been looking at alpine head units because I'm looking to get alpines' ipod adaptor interface along with it.

My real question is will music still sound the same (like factory if not better) since the alpine HU will be controlling all the audio specifics i.e. bass, treble, yadda yadda. The car audio place that will be doing the install tells me that I will still have the 6 in dash changer functioning together with the alpine HU but the alpine will control the majority of the sound deatiling. Is there anything I should mention to them to make everything sound good?

Also should I worry about them installing the HU in the cubby hole? Should I be concerned that it will look completely out of place unless I buy the AVO single din mounting kit?

I'm obviously not a car audio guru so I appreciate anybody who could help me out with this. I'm going on a road trip this weekend and would like this all wired up CORRECTLY by then. It would make my trip a LOT more enjoyable. Thanks.

It depends on which Alpine you get. The quality of the built-in amps varies, but typically an aftermarket deck will sound better than factory one. I have a Pioneer DEH-6700MP installed, and it sounds much cleaner than the factory deck.

Archived