LegacyGT.com

power antenna

CarlitoQC

Hi! i need some info here!

I have a Legacy GT 98.Ii just bought a power antenna from ebay (30$ instead of 300$ at Subaru. It fits perfectly but it doesn't work. motor seems to stay off even when i powered the radio. So my question is...where is the fuse for the power antenna... i know i have a fuse box in hood but is there an other one inside? i guess it is the fuse the problem (or the antenna itself...but i don't think it is) there's 3 wires + radio wire on the new antenna like the old antenna.. except original Subaru antenna wires are black, white and yellow but the new antenna wires are black, blue and red... I've tried any combo and nothing happen (reception if ok tho)

any help would be appreciated. I don't know if i post it in correct forum section but i didn't saw anything about antenna in audio forum..

what u mean, the aftermarket one wasn't working? why you bought back a factory (Subaru?) ? Do you know if there's a fuse for the power antenna somewhere? any way i'll try the antenna on a 12v source tomorrow see first if it works.

Did you had bad experience with aftermarket?

I work on subaru's but mostly 2000 and up I have not noticed if there is a fuse box inside. That's a good question. I'm going to check on my car tomorrow. I had a pep boys non power antenna. I want everything to work properly on the GT. I can get more info for you tomorrrow. Sorry dude!

thx dplacen, I'll try to see tomorrow too. first i'll try the antenna on a direct 12v source see if it's work! but it seems to be good quality product and it fits with my original rubber already installed. thx pillboy i'll try to find out that box i also think it's there. It might be a fuse problem because a year ago when i bought the GT the antenna was already stock on up position so may be it was what caused the problem at the beggining... may be not we'll see! thanks

look the antenna i bought from eBay seems to worth that 30$. it was a little harder to install then oem replacement but now it works perfectly and i've used the original rubber seal so i think it's gonna work just fine for a year or two at least... the problem was from the wire already in place not the new antenna itself.. may be it will stop working in 2 weeks but i doubt that

My power antenna is broken, but the motor inside it still works (untill I unplugged it). are there replacement masts for the power antennas in our cars? I saw one at advance for fords, and it was like $15. I would like this option much more then replaceing the whole expensive antenna, although that would be easier...

So, replacement masts? anyone know of any or had any experience with them?

• 3 weeks later...
You can buy just the antenna and replace that, it's like $51 from dealer and it's not that hard to replace just take some time and frustration, lol. Good luck...

Archived