LegacyGT.com

New Shoes....

rtp

so there is more vibration at the steering wheel now?

do you have any stabilizer bars installed or planning to?

Do you think the tires now throw dirt/rocks/etc on the sides of car cause of extra width?

Ok, can I just say... WOW!

So, I've been on Michelin Pilot Alpins since I bought the car in October. And for the most part they were better than the RE-92s... but, they were still snow tires.

In my 50 mile one way commute I have the opportunity to test the car on different levels, if I so choose... here's my first impression...

More firm ride overall, but in a good way. Less road noise overall, but what is left is a slightly higher frequency of road noise/vibration... not bad, just noticable.

Turn in is much better! Much better handling on the highway... on all types of surfaces. The car does not tram nor does follow the grooves in lined concrete like I thought it would. Overall, just outstanding!

The 18's do make a difference in terms of acceleration. It feels just a tad slower out of the gate, but I haven't tried getting on it yet.

I also have a long, fast, decreasing radius exit ramp that I decided to really push today. Holy crap. Very predictable, sticky, and a slight drift that I broke into near the end. Almost doubled my previous high mark through the turn.

I can not wait to see the improvements with the DMS coilovers.

rtp, are those pics with the stock suspension?

Yes... waiting for my DMS setup to arrive.

so there is more vibration at the steering wheel now?

do you have any stabilizer bars installed or planning to?

Do you think the tires now throw dirt/rocks/etc on the sides of car cause of extra width?

Not more vibration, just different. The lower profile and stiffer sidewalls certainly transmit more feel to the wheel, but for the most part this is a good thing.

No stabilzers.

The width of the tires is just covered by the width of the splash guards... see pics.

they don't seem to cover the doors (rear wheels throwing stuff)

Yes... waiting for my DMS setup to arrive.

Not more vibration, just different. The lower profile and stiffer sidewalls certainly transmit more feel to the wheel, but for the most part this is a good thing.

No stabilzers.

The width of the tires is just covered by the width of the splash guards... see pics.

Archived