LegacyGT.com

Navigation screen interface...

I have not seen this idea before,but, I apologize if it has come up or already exists.

Many cars have navigatione screens, all spec-b's , and as they get cheaper more cars will likely include these as standard equipment. If performance guages can use a gameboy as an interface, why can't we use our navigation screens and not have to drill and glue our interiors? Anyone know if this has been attempted or if manufacturers are doing this? Seems like BMW, Mercedes or other high end manufacturers would be most likely early on.

rjo

I have not seen this idea before,but, I apologize if it has come up or already exists.

Many cars have navigatione screens, all spec-b's , and as they get cheaper more cars will likely include these as standard equipment. If performance guages can use a gameboy as an interface, why can't we use our navigation screens and not have to drill and glue our interiors? Anyone know if this has been attempted or if manufacturers are doing this? Seems like BMW, Mercedes or other high end manufacturers would be most likely early on.

rjo

Stock Subaru navigation does give you Average MPG, Instantaneous MPG, and Acceleration % gauges. :icon_tong

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I have checked out the basic functions on the NAV unit in my spec,. The old threads here have had info for several computer installs. I was just curious is anyone knew if any of the performance ECU or guage manufacturers are developing any applications to integrate boost,oil pres. etc.

RJO

There is freeware on the web that will take OBD2 data and map it to a skin... It has to be run on a carputer via OBD2/USB cable. You can also run Music match juke box and GPS all on compact versions of XP or linux. I don't have the links here but I have found some by searching on OBD2 and carputer. Problem is that they wont connect to the stock onboard nav screen. This is something I'd like to build sometime...

Archived