LegacyGT.com

couple of questions...

these questions maybe stupid, although I was always thought "The only stupid question is one left unasked". believe me I have tried to come to ah conclusion on these questions on my own... I haven't had much help from vendors or others, so here we go..

1. Are the headlights on the 98' and 99' the same

2. will all performance parts for a 2.5 rs impreza fit on a 99 legacy (including exhuasts?

3. will the bodykits for the 2.5 impreza fit on a 99 legacy?

4. is the avo turbo kit worth the almost $4,000.00?

Thanks....

I had a '97 Outback so I am not an authority on this by any means.

1) I would expect them to be the same (both Legacy and Outback) since these two model years are the same generation of Legacy body style.

2) Would depend on the part (engine, suspension, etc).

3) Doubtful since the Impreza and Legacy are different body styles.

4) :confused: Maybe, if you are putting it on a car that is worth more than $4,000 to start with.

It is still ugly.

i have a 99 and i know how bad it sucks to try and find parts. usually you can find a lot of stuff on ebay if you just search "legacy parts". Plus if yo know what kind of motor your legacy has (if it's a 2.2 its an ej22 if it's a 2.5 then its an ej25), that helps too. The 97 to 99 models had a lot of the same stuff, so you can e-mail the seller if you aren't sure about a certain part. As far as headlights, i'm pretty sure the 98 is the same as the 99.

iirc they slightly changed headlights in either 98 or 99. they should be interchangeable if you get the entire headlight/turn signal assembly but may require a change in plugs.

exhaust for a 2.5rs will probably not fit. the bends are different. same thing with bodykits, although a rear spoiler may or may not fit. not sure if the mounting points are the same.

is the turbo kit worth 4k? dunno, but if you're gonna drop that much scratch consider swapping in a wrx motor, especially if the car has the phase 1 dohc motor.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived