LegacyGT.com

Disappointing HIDs?

phoenix96

HouseofHID.com has some good HID's. I have them on my Legacy and also had some on my Lightning. Never any problems...

As far as the Lightning goes you should really ask the oncoming traffic about problems with the kit cause I'm sure you're blinding them. I saw a truck today on my way to work that had HID's put into the stock halogen lights and there was so much glare it was ridiculous.

To wrap it up, please be curtious to the other drivers and don't blind them with putting an HID kit in your non HID equipped truck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as the Lightning goes you should really ask the oncoming traffic about problems with the kit cause I'm sure you're blinding them. I saw a truck today on my way to work that had HID's put into the stock halogen lights and there was so much glare it was ridiculous.

To wrap it up, please be curtious to the other drivers and don't blind them with putting an HID kit in your non HID equipped truck.

I have to agree with this. I've also had a Mazda 6 come up behind me with HID's and blinded the $@#& outta me before.

However, I thought the legacy's wouldn't blind people cuz of the cutoffs. Am I wrong about this? Will I have to realign my lights when I go HID? I've seen other Legacy's with HID's around here and were never blinded by them.

The legacy's won't be as bad because they use a projector which focuses the most light downwards but they will sadly still provide glare. I had a kit in my legacy and recently did a retrofit to get rid of the glare.

If you want to put the kit in then take your headlights apart and apply some JB quick weld to the squirrel finder located in the cutoff shield. This will get rid of glare and help give a stock appearance.

i installed an e-bay 4300K "hella design" kit in my car. Absolutley no comparision. Fog lights are useless, so I went FMIC after.

My cut-off's in the beam could be sharper but my 13 YO daugher even noticed how much whiter they were when I installed them.

i have only read the first page so far, but try making sure that the bulbs are "in" correctly. I did an install where they seemed to fit in with the "spring" but in reality they didnt fit into the notch on the side of the bulb. Once i put it together the right way, it made ALL the difference

Archived