LegacyGT.com

Bobcat Problems in Wet Conditions?

emlevins

UPDATE: The mechanic took the car for a ride and noticed (as I had and neglected to mention) that the brake pedal depresses further on the first pump and slightly less on subsequent pumps (i.e on the first pump the pedal sinks lower to the floor than on subsequent pumps). Consequently, he, like robinlsb suspects it may be a bubble in the lines and is going to bleed the lines and resurface the rotors and leave the Bobcats on (he thinks they look fine). I'm going to get an alignment (just to be sure thats good to go) and we'll see if the problem reoccurs. If so, I'll replace the Bobcats with the stock pads in order to eliminate the pads as the problem. If the problem continues, I will probably go to Subaru next.

Thanks again for all of your ideas (which I ran by the mechanic).

Edited for spelling.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

• 2 weeks later...
Just an update - bleeding the lines and resurfacing the rotors has improved braking in dry conditions (better feel and the car does not pull to either side). However, I have not had the opportunity to drive the car in the rain yet. So....to be continued.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

• 1 month later...
Well - it's back - and this time it pulls left instead of right. Had a good long drive in the rain last week and after I was convinced things were fine it happened again and in the opposite direction (left instead of right) from last time (prior to the bleeding and resurfacing). Again - sporadic, inconsistent and only in the rain. I also notice much more dusting on the left front wheel than the right front wheel though not sure if that is related to the phenomenon.

07 BMW 335xi

Archived