LegacyGT.com

what brand of connectors does Subaru use?

scottmcphee

Has anybody determined which brand or company sources the electrical harness connectors for our Subarus? Connectors I speak of are the cable-to-cable rectangular white multi-pin interior connectors you see everywhere under the dash..

They don't look like a Subaru invention, I can get some numbers off some of them (not sure if these are house-numbers).. but if somebody knows what line and maybe a supplier, that would make my day!!

Thanks,

Scott

They are jdm and unfortunately hard to find... I've searched myself and the one place that could source them wanted me to buy 1000 connectors in order to do so. lol. That idea went out the window...

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

They are jdm and unfortunately hard to find... I've searched myself and the one place that could source them wanted me to buy 1000 connectors in order to do so. lol. That idea went out the window...

Maybe if enough members are interested, purchasing 1000 might be a good idea.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say AMP makes them. They make a lot of really nice connectors for OEMs. http://www.digikey.com has a decent selection of automotive connectors. I'll try and search their site tomorrow. I've had the car for a week, so I haven't started tearing the dash apart yet, and hence, not 100% what subaru connectors look like, but for the most part, they are all the same

pull some numbers or names off of them and just start googling. that is sometimes more effective than you might think

Cool.. can you please tell me the source. I've bought thousands of things before.. very empowering feeling.

Thanks

Scott

Archived