LegacyGT.com

I purchased my new Legacy last night :)

Well after months of lurking and posting, I finally did it - I bought a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited. Mine is Regal Blue, black leather interior, spoiler and security packages. I also purchased the subwoofer and the auto dimming mirror packages, which the dealer ordered and as soon as the parts come in, they are going to call me to take the car in to install them. I finally saw what a cleaned up Regal Blue looks like last night; it looks amazing, sooo much better than what I expecting to see. I was given the option of taking the car home last night, or leaving it overnight to guarantee that the missing fuses would be put in this morning. I let them keep it overnight; since I work all day and thought that it may get push back another day then. Well, tonight I go and pick up my Legacy; I am very excited and can't wait. Expect to see pics sometime tomorrow. :D - Mike

Congrats!!! Just remember.....you didn't purchase it.....the leasing company did. (unless you changed your mind on this). Missing fuses? Did I miss a thread on this? Have fun tonite. We won't see you on here, cuz you'll likely be spending the night in the car! Have fun!

[quote name='TLS']Congrats!!! Just remember.....you didn't purchase it.....the leasing company did. (unless you changed your mind on this). [/quote] It was a smart buy - finance with a balloon payment due on the 48th month. :roll: :lol: lol Either way, it's going to be in my driveway tonight. - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike'][quote name='TLS']Congrats!!! Just remember.....you didn't purchase it.....the leasing company did. (unless you changed your mind on this). [/quote] It was a smart buy - finance with a balloon payment due on the 48th month. :roll: :lol: lol Either way, it's going to be in my driveway tonight. - Mike[/quote] How does that work if you don't mind my asking? Did you purchase through SOA and how much did it drop payments a month compared to a traditional loan? What happens after 48mos? :?:

[quote name='GT Ski'] How does that work if you don't mind my asking? Did you purchase through SOA and how much did it drop payments a month compared to a traditional loan? What happens after 48mos? :?:[/quote] You finance a percentage of the car for X amount of time, at the end you can pay the balloon payment in one shot, finance the balloon payment for more time, or turn the car over to them. It's like a lease, except everything is in your name, not theirs. I put $2K down, took a 48 month term at $345/mo and $14.4K due at the end. I also paid the tax and tags up front ($2779 for tax and tags). - Mike

so how is that any different than a lease? all leases have a balloon payment at the end if you want it...sounds like the only difference is in the name on the registration...ie: not having a bank name on there with you... what special benefits does that offer?

Same concept as a lease, but a little different. Mike had to pay the sales tax immediately, whereas with a lease the sales tax is due when the monthly payments are made. Since the car's in Mike's name, he can probably sell it before the 48 months are up and pay off the lien. With a lease, the car is not in your name so you can't get out early. Could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Archived