LegacyGT.com

its in!!!

aldouse

a package came in the mail today....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/aldouse2/legacy/sway1.jpg

.... and so the comparisons vs. stock....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/aldouse2/legacy/sway2.jpg

its in and its great. love cornering and turning now...

i'll upload the installed pics later on.

THANK YOU JSCspeed!!!

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

getting the brackets where the bushings back on to the body was the biggest trouble during the install. otherwise it wouldve only taken about 1.5 hours. but instead 2.5 lol.

i love the handling with it now.... why wouldt subaru incorporate a better sway to begin with? is there a drawback other than the possibility of oversteer w/ an upgraded sway?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

are people still getting the dreaded knock/rubbing from sway bars? I'd like to upgrade the stock sway's and endlinks but conderned about the knocking/rubbing issues. I dont have any of these issues with my STi, perrin fr & rr sways/endlinks.

are people still getting the dreaded knock/rubbing from sway bars? I'd like to upgrade the stock sway's and endlinks but conderned about the knocking/rubbing issues. I dont have any of these issues with my STi, perrin fr & rr sways/endlinks.

He might. It looks like he got the original version with 3 holes. It's since been revised with 2 holes. :(

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

He might. It looks like he got the original version with 3 holes. It's since been revised with 2 holes. :(

WTH! when was this?! what knocking are you talkin about?

red beast i'm waiting for replacement bushings.

you might want to get the front bar also

sorry.. last i checked not avail for NA yet.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

I actually just installed the same rsb (same vendor, and yes this is the older 3-hole version).

I installed it on the softest setting and don't have any noise issues. I'm currently running on the stock suspension though; I believe others that had problems had springs or coilovers and had a lower sitting car; though I don't know if they were on the softest setting of the rsb as well.

In my opinion, though, the softest setting is more than adequate as this is a very thick bar. It's at least as thick (visually, I didn't use calipers) as the rmdsm bar that I have on my eagle talon --and performs just as well. The car has *much* less body roll and handles much better with the bar (on it's softest setting). If I want to kick out the rear, I can crank the wheel and romp the gas; it'll predictably move out. Otherwise, it's fairly solid(ly) planted in turns.

Unless you're going to run at track events and / or are very particular about tuning your suspension, this is a decent bar at a decent price. You shouldn't need to change settings much at all.

*edit*

Forgot to mention that the bracing that comes with the sway bar is also a nice addition. You'll need to use some "leverage" to get it to fit though. I had to bend it slightly by using a floor jack to raise the bolt hole high enough to fit in the back; not a big deal once I figured out how to do it, but a pita until you figure out a way to make it fit. Note that I didn't have to do any drilling as I've noticed others did.

Just curious on how much your setup cost for the bar, bushings, etc. Trying to see if this makes sense or if I should go with the lowering springs as the first option. Too much roll when cornering.

Thanks

I PM'd JSC Speed about this swaybar... but just in case you want aldouse... I'd love to take that three hole unit if you for some reason would rather have a two position unit.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Just curious on how much your setup cost for the bar, bushings, etc. Trying to see if this makes sense or if I should go with the lowering springs as the first option. Too much roll when cornering.

Thanks

Not sure if you're asking me, but the price was below 200 for everything (bar, bushings and support brackets). PM JSC Speed for an exact price; I also purchased Teins with the rsb so pricing much vary.

RSB is cheaper than springs and imo makes a bigger difference (speaking from experience with my Talon, not the LGT as I don't have springs in it). I'd go the rsb route first and then get springs later if you're not happy with the bar alone.

well i haven't experienced any knockings or anything else and am perfectly happy with the bar.... and in no way do i see myself going thru the whole install process once agian to swap out a different sway. hehe =)

but OMG i so LOVE IT!

i dont understand how anyone can't live without a RSB!

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Archived